T6.1 new order delays

use the live chat at the bottom of the webpage and ask one of the ops to trace it for you!
I just looked for that live chat... it seems to be missing! Too many people chasing too many late vans maybe?

Finally!!!!!

VW have now confirmed my build week for next week (week 9) Still mystified why some people are getting build dates confirmed 2-3 weeks (or more) ahead of actual build week, but in my case they have only been able to do it 2 days before the build week starts, but that just seems to be part of the magical mystery journey of buying a new VW van at present. Anyway, finally I have light at the end of the tunnel, and can relax a bit. Must confess I was getting nervous it hadn’t been confirmed and was expecting it to be bounced to a later date. So very pleased that it hasn’t been!

Also asked about delivery times to van centre at present, and this is the fairly detailed explanation they gave me:

Build takes 1-2 weeks
Transit from factory to Elden port 2-3 days
Held at Emden awaiting export 7-10 days
Shipping 2-3 days
Held in UK port 7-10 days
Delivery to van centre 1-2 days
PDI 1-2 days

So sharing to assist everyone understanding of what takes how long. Roughly about 4 weeks once built. Which aligns with what dealer has told me recently and seems to be what others are experiencing.

Better go and tidy up the car now and think about selling it.
Great news.
Mine is also also supposed to be built next week but the dealer is still reporting unconfirmed... and VW haven’t “got back to me” yet...

For once, the online team seem to have up to date information then.....
pleasant change!

So, first order placed 9th Sept.......and that got cancelled by VW on 1st Feb. I was one of many buying through 3rd party fleet suppliers and had never even be able to get a provisional build date, despite being quoted 12-16 weeks at point of order.

Current order placed the same day (1st Feb) via a VW dealer, but I was very fortunate to find a dealer who had a close match for my spec on order already and offered me a very good deal. This was a very well advanced order that already had a provisional build date, that had been placed last year some time to become a stock vehicle for them. So fortune smiled on me somewhat.

I think the same was being mentioned by Porsche.. Something to do with that eu thing that happened before the other disaster.

1% and £500 price increase from March 1st.
Ordered before this date you will have price protection. There maybe a limited time to register after arrival in the UK to qualify.

They definitely made an assumption that UK demand would drop as a consequence of Brexit. Had that from 2 dealers, and neither have seen any indication that has been revised so far, which is why we are already seeing people being told not to expect delivery until Oct or Nov.

Logic and commercial sense alone would suggest that you optimise factory capacity to meet orders already on the books.

Same situation signed a contract with a third party in September but realised nothing was happening so pulled out in November. Signed a second contract with a one of the best most active main dealers. It’s a high spec Kombi and recently got an October delivery forecast. Gutted but more I find out the more cross I get.

Customers the month before with my dealer have February builds and March delivery. I get October. What happened in that month? How did the dealer sell me a van they could not supply? How can that happen?

I find endless examples of people with other dealers with my spec placing orders after me even as late as January with February, March, April builds.

I can make no sense of the reprioritisation. It penalises dealers doing well and customers who went to the best dealers.

What did the reprioritisation achieve? Keep the bad dealers in business and really piss off discerning customers who found the good ones.

Of course the supply is tough at the moment but this just makes no sense.

So very unexpected (but welcome) update from dealer this morning ......my van is now built, I have the VIN number, and its on the way to Emden!!

Fantastic news, which I know others are eagerly awaiting as well. So to recap my experience this week:
......on Wednesday this week VW chat couldn’t confirm my provisional week 9 build (I.e next week)
......on Friday, VW chat confirmed it now had a confirmed week 9 build (I.e next week)
......today, it’s already built! (In week 8- so presumably started build in week 7 or 8)

So the only conclusions from this if that VW chat are way behind the factory and aren’t getting decent and timely updates from them, and that the factory does seem to be getting a little ahead of build dates. I sincerely hope that bodes well for others waiting for updates

I joked with my dealer that they were confirming build weeks after they were built...
he just didn’t respond, not even to deny it, so maybe that is exactly what is happening.
Really pleased for you & hoping I can report similar next week...

I've been quoted 6 months wait for a new van from main dealer...is that the 'average'?

I am at 6 months and I still have not got a build date so I would say that is good in the current climate
Oh mate that is appalling ....So maybe more like 9 then? Maybe like some others on here they will 'surprise 'you!! I wish you luck. :cool:

Oh mate that is appalling ....So maybe more like 9 then? Maybe like some others on here they will 'surprise 'you!! I wish you luck. :cool:
Thanks I am crossing fingers I hear something soon, just seems to be many factors at the moment, new emissions std, VW UK underestimating demand and not enough chips in the world.

Morning team. So I got too thinking this morning. As I still have no build date and people now getting build weeks around the end of the year, does anyone have any insight as to when the T7 is expected to be released?
Just wondering if it’s worth ha going on for the T7 or to keep waiting for a T6.1!
Any thoughts anyone?

I ordered a 199 LWB kombi November still no build week. The issue is not Covid or engine but my dealer has zero allocation despite it being confirmed at sale that they had. If I had ordered at the same time with another dealer I would be looking forward to delivery in March. My dealer has admitted to having kombi orders from back in September not allocated. So not only do I not have a build week there 3 months of customers ahead of me for when they do get an allocation.I bet they are still taking orders too!!!!!

I was told their allocation was bad through reprioritisation a week or so ago. And I cannot expect delivery before October. I assumed that meant I had a bad build week. But it’s worse than that. I don’t have one at all. They have zero allocation for kombis

I have been totally shafted by one of the top dealers in the country. If they told me the reality at any stage I would have changed dealers and be driving in the spring easily.

The way this is going if I can stay motivated and still enjoy my purchase I will be very lucky to get a kombi build slot in 2021 with either this dealer or another given the state of chaos and anarchy the reprioritisation has caused.

I hope it is not the same dealer as mine as I have not been told that, I have not ordered a Kombi but it may well be affecting all this dealers orders?

I hope it is not the same dealer as mine as I have not been told that, I have not ordered a Kombi but it may well be affecting all this dealers orders?
The situation with panel vans is better. I suspect it’s the same with California’s but don’t know for sure.

That really is a rough deal.

The Cali’s seem to have been prioritised recently and dealers have been given a prioritisation list, which allegedly is in order of order date, and gives a production month. That seems partly down to many orders having been delayed, in part due to emissions and then consequently weight issues as a result of extra emissions kit. But I also wondered if they are prioritising Cali’s due to price and better profit margins, given that demand for them has been strong.

The whole allocation system seems flawed to me though, and completely understand your frustration. Doesn’t make any sense that some dealers have allocation, and others don’t. Similarly doesn’t make sense that the Factory isn’t making use of the under utilised French factory allocation to cope with the strong UK demand.

Reading back on this forum and other places, it does seem that the factory does seem to get itself in a pickle every year or so, but then they seem to sort it out within a month or two. That of course was pre Covid, so very different challenges now, but hopefully they’ll iron out the kinks and some of these ridiculous quoted lead times will start to improve over the next month or two.

Fingers crossed for you @Danny1964Boy. But might be worth a ring around to a few dealers to see if any have any stock, or stock orders nearing build date like mine was. Pain in the arse to do, but you may just get a pleasant surprise, and the price might not be a lot different. Got to be worth a few calls given the lead time you’re currently being quoted.

Back