T6.1 new order delays

My new Kombi is still confirmed to be built next week, what do you think the chances are of having it on my drive way this year?

Mine was built w/c 12th October and arrived in the UK a few days ago. They said it can be up to 10 days to get it to the dealer, then its all the faff there.

Fingers crossed there's no delays with yours and its on your drive for Christmas!

• Love
Reactions: Jlo
Mine was built w/c 12th October and arrived in the UK a few days ago. They said it can be up to 10 days to get it to the dealer, then its all the faff there.

Fingers crossed there's no delays with yours and its on your drive for Christmas!
Shouldnt be long. What faff is there at the dealers?

Yes all to do with emissions on passenger carrying vehicles. Commercials will no doubt follow this change for their commercial deadline of Septmber

I'm sorry I don't know, but I'm sure they won't update existing vehicles, as its for vehicles sold after this date that matter (If that makes sense?)

My van is due to be built this week. Just checked with VW live chat and they are saying my status hasn’t changed. Not sure if this is normal or I should be bracing for a further delay

Ordered mine on 22nd Sept T6.1 with lots of goodies. I was told 12 to 14 weeks so was expecting probably beginning of Jan, However when I spoke to my salesman when lockdown 2 hit to ask if the factory was affected, I was told predicted build week 6 so Mid Feb. I was a bit pissed when earlier this week I asked on any updates to be told week 7. All I see is it going backwards. The salesman tried to tell me that ones with all the extras go back in production. Not sure why in these computerised factories, the parts should just be selected per van? It's not as if they are hand built is it! I need it sooner than later as my house and garage are filling up with the add ons!
Grrr like someone said above, the wait is frustrating, but to be getting told build forecast going back is just annoying.

I ordered mine a similar time, the 10th September and I am still awaiting a build date, I expect the salesman is keeping quiet as it is so volatile with RDE2 and the engine change being a 199/204 also having most of the toys. At point of order I was told 16 to 20 weeks but I expect longer.

Ordered mine on 22nd Sept T6.1 with lots of goodies. I was told 12 to 14 weeks so was expecting probably beginning of Jan, However when I spoke to my salesman when lockdown 2 hit to ask if the factory was affected, I was told predicted build week 6 so Mid Feb. I was a bit pissed when earlier this week I asked on any updates to be told week 7. All I see is it going backwards. The salesman tried to tell me that ones with all the extras go back in production. Not sure why in these computerised factories, the parts should just be selected per van? It's not as if they are hand built is it! I need it sooner than later as my house and garage are filling up with the add ons!
Grrr like someone said above, the wait is frustrating, but to be getting told build forecast going back is just annoying.
Is it a 199?

Yes. On passneger vehicles first, so we are presuming the same for vans before sept 1st

So kombi should be delivered a 204 if ordered as now
vw aren’t adverting It at the moment I see

My van has arrived at the dealers!!

It got there on the 20th, but I only got the email late last night and didn't see it unitl today. And I've not had chance to phone them!

Hopefully speak to them tomorrow and if I'm lucky I should have it in a few days!!

Reactions: Jlo
Back