T6.1 new order delays

I got 11% off a startline, plus £1500 deposit contribution. Whether that's good or not compared to others I don't know, but I was happy with the deal

Signed my Paperwork for a new T30 150 DSG Kombi a month ago and the dealer told me the order is actually a stock one from a month before that. Estimated build date from the dealer at the time was Jan 1st. I'm guessing that's very optimistic.
I've got the VW order number, but not on the MyVW app yet. Anyone know at what point it should appear ? When build date confirmed ?

Pricing for new is very good though; nearly new are basically the same price, but with worse finance deals and a lot less choice.

Mine was due to be built week beginning 12th Oct. I've spoken to someone on the VW online chat and they said there's no information yet as to whether it's actually built or not! Still not holding out hope that I'll see it before Christmas.

The wait is bloody killing me!! :rofl:

Signed my Paperwork for a new T30 150 DSG Kombi a month ago and the dealer told me the order is actually a stock one from a month before that. Estimated build date from the dealer at the time was Jan 1st. I'm guessing that's very optimistic.
I've got the VW order number, but not on the MyVW app yet. Anyone know at what point it should appear ? When build date confirmed ?

Pricing for new is very good though; nearly new are basically the same price, but with worse finance deals and a lot less choice.
I believe you can only track car orders through the MyVW app. I tried the same with my order but ended up asking for updates via the VWCS on-line chat portal. Hopefully that will change in the future through to cover commercial vehicles as well.

Mine was due to be built week beginning 12th Oct. I've spoken to someone on the VW online chat and they said there's no information yet as to whether it's actually built or not! Still not holding out hope that I'll see it before Christmas.

The wait is bloody killing me!! :rofl:
I feel your pain! I ordered mine in early March but didn't take delivery until the very end of September! Hopefully you won't have to endure another factory shut down due to Covid.

Spoke to the dealer this morning and he has snook a 1 month delay in. I knew it was optimistic.
Oh well, best hope we agree a deal with the EU, no way i'm paying 22% import tax.

My 150 Kombi was ordered on the 29th July and was then given a build date of week 44 (this week). Thought I would just confirm that was still the case and now its gone to week 48! My guess is might not see it till the new year now. :thumbsdown:

Wow. The plant throughput is clearly down due to Covid restrictions. I won't be getting mine til March then

I wish the dealer was a bit more forthcoming with the info, if delays are that long I might as well up the spec

I feel your pain! I ordered mine in early March but didn't take delivery until the very end of September! Hopefully you won't have to endure another factory shut down due to Covid.

That's a bloody long wait!

Everyone at VW who I've spoken to has said roughly 4 weeks from build to delivery, and no mention of any delays. Although I'm not taking that seriously. But if things start getting bad with covid again, then who knows, maybe they might have another shut down!!
Fingers crossed they don't!!

Just spoken to VW online chat, and they said my van has left the factory and is on its way to Emden!!

Going by this, I should have the van in my hands in a few weeks, all being well!!

So with another month of lockdowns, I’m now convinced I won’t get my new kombi till next year. Has anyone got any sense out of a dealer yet about additional costs of import duty and who might pick up this if it’s a no deal Brexit?

I don't think you'd be made to pick up these costs. You have a total cost from the dealer on paper, they or VW would get stung for any additional costs. If they tried to charge you more then wouldn't they be breaching the contract of sale?

If you purchase on the 1st Jan 2021 that would be a different scenario entirely.

I’m not so sure now. Just been googling an d found this. Better look at the small print on my paper work . Might have to find and extra £5k in January

It's unlikely that EU-based manufacturers will be able to absorb the additional cost, meaning it will be passed on to consumers in most cases. Porsche, for example, confirmed last year that its customers would have to pay 10% more for its models under a no-deal Brexit.

Any new import duties will legally come down to the end purchaser. Mate of mine bought a bargain high end guitar online from the US and had a huge tax bill after he took delivery. I will just cancel the order if vw refuse to cover it. Commercial vehicles incur a 22% import fee under wto rules.....and don’t forget the vat on top and maybe even additional admin fees.

Fully expect a zero tariff deal to be done though, or maybe an extension.

Ordered mine on the 4th November and been told it’ll be at least the 1st of April for delivery date. I’m already feeling impatient haha. Let’s hope they get back to full capacity sooner rather than later.

At the moment as long as you take delivery before end of March 2021 you are protected from any change in tarriff/taxation. After that you would personally be liable for any increase due to import taxes, it's in the sales agreement that you sign, even if you didn't notice it.

At the moment as long as you take delivery before end of March 2021 you are protected from any change in tarriff/taxation. After that you would personally be liable for any increase due to import taxes, it's in the sales agreement that you sign, even if you didn't notice it.

I’ve had a good look through the sales agreement and discussed the tariffs with the guy who sold me it. He said I’d be liable for them or have the option to return my deposit and cancel. Also what are we protected by until March 2021?

Back