T6.1 new order delays

MJW219

I don't think it's the usual way - even the dealer, who has worked for VW for 6 years, has never heard of VW Commercial emailing customers. He didn't know what we were talking about when we told him !

Reactions: Bav

Bav

T6 Pro
I don't think it's the usual way - even the dealer, who has worked for VW for 6 years, has never heard of VW Commercial emailing customers. He didn't know what we were talking about when we told him !

You didn't place your order under the pseudonym of Carsten Intra did you? (Chief Exec of VW Commercial) :D

FREDO

T6 Pro
I ordered my 199 4 motion van in Dec 2020 and have been told it is built but missing some components , so not ready for shipping to Australia yet. VW Australia are a joke with customer feed back. It now looks like it will be May 2022 before it is ready. If I had not purchased so many Accessories that are in my shed I think I would cancel it.
The problem is what else do you get?

Steveparky

Ordered mine right at the end of Q2 (June 30th 2021). I don't understand how a dealer can still 'have no information on a build date', despite me having an email on the day I paid the deposit from VW saying 'you're on your way'. Seems a completely inconsistent approach reading through the thread.

Reagrding the pricing increase, I discussed this with my dealer and he identified that as I ordered in Q2, the price would be honoured? Contracts changed after this. Can anyone confirm this is accurate? Does anyone have experience of recently taking a new T6.1 and having to pay the increase?

StueyStuey

Awaiting delivery.............
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I ordered mine exactly the same day, right before the price increase. My dealer hasn’t mentioned price increase but it due to get build end of the month.

Bav

T6 Pro
Does anyone have experience of recently taking a new T6.1 and having to pay the increase?
If you're referring to VW not honouring price protection, then this only comes in to play for vans that can't be delivered before the end of March 2022 - i.e. no-one should have paid any increase yet.

Steveparky

If you're referring to VW not honouring price protection, then this only comes in to play for vans that can't be delivered before the end of March 2022 - i.e. no-one should have paid any increase yet.
ahh, right. Extremely useful. So, if I am understanding you correctly, despite having an initial estimate for Q1 2022 delivery, if this goes over, I will have to pay 2% per quarter (or whatever the VW price increase is) + inflation (which could get nasty soon)?

Bav

T6 Pro
ahh, right. Extremely useful. So, if I am understanding you correctly, despite having an initial estimate for Q1 2022 delivery, if this goes over, I will have to pay 2% per quarter (or whatever the VW price increase is) + inflation (which could get nasty soon)?
You're understanding is correct, though there is much confusion as to the size of the price increase. For example, my dealer told me the increase would reflect the list price effective at the point of delivery (which seems logical to me), but others, like yourself, have referred to some version of a "2% + inflation" formula (which seems damned outrageous to me).

Steveparky

I've just had an early morning call with (I do have empathy for some of these guys as it seems their main body of work at the minute is responding to customers chasing them up). He said the main delay at the minute is DSG. Whether that is true or not, is not known!

FREDO

T6 Pro
I've just had an early morning call with (I do have empathy for some of these guys as it seems their main body of work at the minute is responding to customers chasing them up). He said the main delay at the minute is DSG. Whether that is true or not, is not known!
What is disappointing , is that they are making floor stock but not filling back orders.
Why have they released the T7 when they have customers waiting on the T6.1 that they ordered over 12 months ago. There is a lot of DSG VW still being made. Sold units should be priority but VW don't look at it that way.

Bav

T6 Pro
What is disappointing , is that they are making floor stock but not filling back orders.
Why have they released the T7 when they have customers waiting on the T6.1 that they ordered over 12 months ago. There is a lot of DSG VW still being made. Sold units should be priority but VW don't look at it that way.
I don't disbelieve you @FREDO (and nor would I put it past VW to act in such a way), but where did you get your info from re VW prioritising re-stocking of DSG units over fulfilling outstanding orders? This may be a naïve question, but what would VW's stockpile be for, if not to fulfil orders? :confused:

Bav

T6 Pro
Hmm. To add yet more confusion, I've just watched the video below, which suggests that VW price protection will only be removed for vans delivered after the end of June 2022, not the end of March 2022 as I had understood.

FREDO

T6 Pro
I don't disbelieve you @FREDO (and nor would I put it past VW to act in such a way), but where did you get your info from re VW prioritising re-stocking of DSG units over fulfilling outstanding orders? This may be a naïve question, but what would VW's stockpile be for, if not to fulfil orders? :confused:
I did not say VW were stockpiling what I said was vans with DSG gear boxes are being made that are sitting on dealers floor that are not sold yet and if the delay problem was shortage of DSG gear boxes like Steveparky was told by his dealer, why are they not using these DSG to fill back orders . At no time I said they were stockpiling. Just have a look around how many new un sold DSG T6.1 are on dealers floors, In Australia I can not say what it's like in the UK . So I just don't think the delays are because of shortage of DSG gear boxes. But what ever the delays are caused by I think they should be filling back orders before they build un sold stock. My dealer has a SWB DSG sitting on there floor now that is not sold.

Bav

T6 Pro
I did not say VW were stockpiling what I said was vans with DSG gear boxes are being made that are sitting on dealers floor that are not sold yet and if the delay problem was shortage of DSG gear boxes like Steveparky was told by his dealer, why are they not using these DSG to fill back orders . At no time I said they were stockpiling. Just have a look around how many new un sold DSG T6.1 are on dealers floors, In Australia I can not say what it's like in the UK . So I just don't think the delays are because of shortage of DSG gear boxes. But what ever the delays are caused by I think they should be filling back orders before they build un sold stock. My dealer has a SWB DSG sitting on there floor now that is not sold.
Apologies - I misunderstood your previous post.

Since placing my order I've had no reason to visit a dealership, but from what others have said, there are very few, if any, new vans sat on dealers' forecourts here in the UK - be they DSG or manual.

Gjonesg1

Looks like i've got a few more months to wait then having ordered in March, although I've heard nothing from my dealer for nearly a month. :(

You guys must be the ones who have waited the longest on here?...Unless there are others?:whistle:

Excited for you! :thumbsup:
I ordered mine last march/April, I've contacted my dealer every 2 weeks over the past 6 months with the same answer of no news sorry!
I cantacted them last Monday and asked if there was some kind of list withing the dealer and if so where am I?!
He told me there are around 18 vans in front of me and to probably expect around March
Also spoke to VW commercial complaints chat about the 2% price increase. I've attached the picture to this of what they said.

IMG_20220115_103519.jpg

Monty1987

Don't like being doom and gloom but the comment from VW Complaints seems very open ended . "Should" be protected and also he doesn't mention anything about a March price increase only December. Details of it haven't really been finalised as far I've heard but expect it to be the price of the van when delivered whatever that may be . Speaking with the dealer they are going to try offset somehow but this depends on dealer to dealer.

Sorry don't mean to sound negative about it all you might be lucky and get a phone call next week saying its in country haha

Gjonesg1

Don't like being doom and gloom but the comment from VW Complaints seems very open ended . "Should" be protected and also he doesn't mention anything about a March price increase only December. Details of it haven't really been finalised as far I've heard but expect it to be the price of the van when delivered whatever that may be . Speaking with the dealer they are going to try offset somehow but this depends on dealer to dealer.

Sorry don't mean to sound negative about it all you might be lucky and get a phone call next week saying its in country haha
yeah agree with the comment... Clinging onto anything atm, and in regards to getting a call next week, hahahaha, we can dream

Garv

VIP Member
11months and 2 weeks wait!........:sleep: the debacle continues.....
Dealer says Poss Feb Build? maybe......:speechless: