T6.1 LED tail-light retrofit from Halogen

tommy_t6.1

Builder
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Can the led rear lights be retrofitted on to the t6.1? I've seen people mentioning they can be retro fitted on the t6 if it already has led rears, but nothing about vans with halogens.

Anyone managed to do it? If so what's needed aswell as the lights?

Depends on type of your rear door(barn door or tailgate).

Reactions: mmi
Depends on type of your rear door(barn door or tailgate).
I've got a Tailgate. And having a Tailgate is the reason I don't have led's front and rear! For some reason when I specced my van, I couldn't have led's and a Tailgate!

I presume your exclamation marks indicate the level of your frustration?

Reactions: mmi
I presume your exclamation marks indicate the level of your frustration?
Haha yeah! :rofl: It was a tad frustrating having to chose Tailgate or leds. Just had a read of the tread linked above and think I've found all the info I need! Cheers guys!

I've got a Tailgate. And having a Tailgate is the reason I don't have led's front and rear! For some reason when I specced my van, I couldn't have led's and a Tailgate!
I was told I couldn’t have led rear lights with barn doors! I wonder what spec does allow led rear lights?! :slow rofl:

I was told I couldn’t have led rear lights with barn doors! I wonder what spec does allow led rear lights?! :slow rofl:

I'm looking to retrofit OEM and I can find the tailgate versions easy enough......

7fafda7e-ae5c-4054-8259-d8e6e7cc50f8-jpeg.55505

.....but no barn door version.

So is it true you can't only have 6.1 OEM LED's on a tailgate van?
If so, I wonder why?

I see THQ do an aftermarket version for a barn door but these don't bend around the side like the OEM version which is part of the appeal for me. :(

T6.1-Style-Red-Side-Light.jpg

Hi all.

I have got a set of T6.1 LED Rear lights from TPS and want to fit them on my 21 Reg tailgate van. @Pauly is kindly making me a set of looms, any chance someone would be able to let me know the colour code for me to repin? Thanks a lot thanks

+ Errata here

Back