T6.1 Infotainment system still not right

Andyman

Photographer
T6 Guru
VW INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM FAULTY NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE

Again today i was a victim of the BS infotainment system, a journey of over 120 miles trying to load user profile, this rendered everything inoperable, no phone no satnav nothing,

I HAVE NOW HAD ENOUGH
Was supposed to be sorted last week by VW Poole (breeze) but they had a covid outbreak so set back another 3 weeks

I am now making contact with VW direct, have totally and utterly had enough, (even asked a dealership to find me a T6)

If anyone wants to join me in complaining to VW and force them to get this crap sorted please feel free to inbox me or comment on this post, it really has got to be dealt with

I was so amazed when i called a dealership to ask for help as even the SOS system was not working and they said "sorry we dont know anything about this system ourselves, try turning it off"

I am speaking to someone called Mikki Elliott at VW customer care, get on to them and tell them whats going on
Telephone 0800 783 4909
Email customercare@vwcv.co.uk

Maybe if enough of us have a go we will get an answer

VW INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM FAULTY NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE

Again today i was a victim of the BS infotainment system, a journey of over 120 miles trying to load user profile, this rendered everything inoperable, no phone no satnav nothing,

I HAVE NOW HAD ENOUGH
Was supposed to be sorted last week by VW Poole (breeze) but they had a covid outbreak so set back another 3 weeks

I am now making contact with VW direct, have totally and utterly had enough, (even asked a dealership to find me a T6)

If anyone wants to join me in complaining to VW and force them to get this crap sorted please feel free to inbox me or comment on this post, it really has got to be dealt with

I was so amazed when i called a dealership to ask for help as even the SOS system was not working and they said "sorry we dont know anything about this system ourselves, try turning it off"

I am speaking to someone called Mikki Elliott at VW customer care, get on to them and tell them whats going on
Telephone 0800 783 4909
Email customercare@vwcv.co.uk

Maybe if enough of us have a go we will get an answer
Anyone else with this problem?
I have a 2022 Sport Line and the infotainment system is completely disfunctional. It’s been back to VW twice and will be back with them this next week for as long as it takes to get it fixed. However, from what I’ve read here I’m not overly confident.

Well that's interesting. I have had problems for 12 months or so now with error messages on the radio display saying
Software update and No data connection. The update never completes.
I've also had an "Emergency SOS call Activated" message in instruments flash up for maybe half a second then dissapear
and nothing happens.
I have recently had a new Communication Module fitted, (warranty work) to fix the SOS error fault, but the fault still exists.
Now I assumed the "Infotainment Sysem" was updating, maps or software for sat nav.
The workshop technician however claimed it could be any on board module that needed a software update could be requesting a software update.

VW_Software_Update_Msg.jpg

There is a major SW update for the Discover media 5F infotainment module that VW released about 4-6wks ago.

My 20’ van had no wireless Android auto / random SOS dialling & loads of other irritations which this has solved all issues I was experiencing

My units SW version is in picture below it was 156 now 278
97725B91-3502-4BD9-803D-2BCFDBAE11A1.jpeg

mine still not playing ball,got a dongle but still requires a lead to plugged in to work,dont get me wrong when its in the mood spotify ,amazon music work flawlessly but about as consistant as my farmer giles!will keep trying to find a solution,first way i got it to work on a cable was to use a small usb-c to a miro usb direct and behold it works although takes a while to kick in.maybe thats the best we can expect for a 58k van!will keep working on a solution but the dongle turns everything upside down

Mine is pretty useless. 2020 van but sat nav turns itself off, music turns itself off, sat nav thinks every postcode is offroad and therefore doesn't retain history, radio has terrible interference.
VW said it's because it has aftermarket speakers :mad:, they don't give a toss. Going back in in a couple of weeks and it won't be collected unless it's fixed.

I have an identical system in my 2019 Polo GTi, On the whole its been OK, but I have noticed mine has two issues, and when confronted all I got from VW was it needed software update's, the clock keeps re-setting itself in hot weather, and the gear mode for the DSG defaults to sport mode. All in the previous infotainment system in the van seems way more stable.

There is a major SW update for the Discover media 5F infotainment module that VW released about 4-6wks ago.

My 20’ van had no wireless Android auto / random SOS dialling & loads of other irritations which this has solved all issues I was experiencing

My units SW version is in picture below it was 156 now 278
View attachment 181781
How did you do that update? Did it just happen or was it a dealer one?
Thanks

OK, thanks. It's going in next week. I wonder if they'll do it. Although last time they did something and replaced the SOS module it wiped all my digi dash retrofit coding

OK, thanks. It's going in next week. I wonder if they'll do it. Although last time they did something and replaced the SOS module it wiped all my digi dash retrofit coding
It will reparameterize the 5F unit if they do it, so any ‘non factory coding’ will likely be lost (my rear speaker fader was)

The update is only done by dealers ‘if reqd’ when really it should be applied to all vans with Discover media issues. Service manager admitted they wouldn’t have time/capacity to do them all even if in for routine servicing

Oh right. That's a bugger. Cheers for the heads up. Perhaps I'll leave it then. I do still get the sos error now and then even though the module was replaced. Everything else seems fine but warranty runs out end of February :oops:

Oh right. That's a bugger. Cheers for the heads up. Perhaps I'll leave it then. I do still get the sos error now and then even though the module was replaced. Everything else seems fine but warranty runs out end of February :oops:
The SOS module hardware itself really isn’t causing many of these faults by all accts.

It’s a SW/FW issue that this 5F update addresses. There are a few independents with ODIS who can do the update (@Dav-Tec) but he’s in Bolsover so a good way from you I think.

Oh right. That's interesting. Cheers for that. Just checked mine and its still the old version so they didn't update when they they changed the module too.
I'll see if Bognor can do it next time I'm over there for some work. They're gonna love me as already recoded it after the module was replaced :whistle:

Back