T6.1 Ignition live fuse

Did anybody conclude where to piggy back a live feed from on the T6.1? I'm a member and I've looked through the fuse layouts but it would be reassuring to hear from someone who has picked a permanent live and it has been reliable. (both in the sense of the cam working and no weird side effects).

Thanks!

Here you go from my 6.1 Cali, hopefully from the pic you can work out what fuses they are.

View attachment 200139
Just a heads up @Abx. The fuse tap on the left is upside down. The tail should be exiting upwards otherwise the common pin is on the wrong side and the load of your new circuit is taken from after the original fuse and not before.

Oh thanks, I’m sure I checked that with a meter but will check again, thanks for flagging.

Oh thanks, I’m sure I checked that with a meter but will check again, thanks for flagging.
I think the common positive is the other way around on that section isn't it (I.e. at the top)?

Reactions: Abx
The way round I have it is that the 12v from the fuse box goes into both accessories and fuses them (car and dashcam), and if either fuse blows that respective circuit is protected, but if one blows the other still works.

Hope that makes sense.

Odd that you can see the supply side pins all on the RHS in these empty slots, strange they'd be on the other side in that row. I just don't get these new fangled 6.1's :cry: Apologies if it's correct @Abx

IMG_0562.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Abx
It’s ok, you did panic me though and I was straight out there with my meter! And yes why on earth would they swap them round one side to another, only VW know that I’m sure.

Hello,

I’ve bought the CTEK D250SE 12V 20amp Dual DC-DC Battery to Battery Charger Kit with 70amp 10mm Cable to fit a leisure battery in my T6.1 but it doesn’t come with the fuse to fit to the ignition starter.

Could anyone let me know what fuse I need and which slot to fit it in, it’s all a bit of a minefield!

I downloaded the diagrams from this site yesterday but I’m still unsure.

Thanks in advance!

Back