T6.1 Highline or Sportline

Paulstewart20

VIP Member
Hi,

Im struggling what to do VW are offering 30,000 for my 2016 panel van swb t6 highline 4motion on 59,000 miles in Acapulco blue it has discovery media too seems good price to me not sure if its worth more, Im toying with part ex for a Kombi 6.1 sportline or highline. Sportline benefits are digi dash, looks cool, most extras the downside is you cant have electric doors 18 month waiting list (Highline is 12 month) no 4 motion and touch more expensive compared to a fully loaded highline.

Will the sportline always demand a premium over a highline in the future so its a better investment (I bought a vw originally for quality and better resale value) or is less attractive to sellers due to the camper conversion craze as sportlines are never converted (not sure why)

I will prob be putting an order in on monday so any guidence/advice is appreciated.

Knock me down with a feather…….Sell.Sell.Sell..

I understand your electric door thing…haveing got them ( twins ) I do worry that one day they will play up ….but it is a head turner…just press and open…but that said I’ve never heard of such a trade in….Sportline is really..lower springs/wheels/ leather type seats all of which might not be to your personal taste and cosmetic bits….more boy racer. Highline is more gentle ( posh)
New Van New toys and a new journey for modifications…..Bite there arms off :)

ps… you’d have paid more for the sportline over the highline originally…some newer highlines are spec’d higher than some Sportline
VW don’t throw the kitchen sink at every model :laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Are we sure the market is that strong that a dealer is offering staggering prices to buy back used vans?

I was offered rubbish money to trade in a 3yr old van with 50k on clock..... (In 2018) Insulting really.... Ended up on private market. Still only half what you quoted above.

Im stunned at that trade in price. Thats double the trade in I was offered nearly 12 months ago :O

Run your reg through we buy any car. You’ll be amazed.

I sold my 2018 Kombi Highline DSG a few months ago for £30k with 37,000 miles on it.

Sell prices are stupid at the moment. Been offered 20k for a 3 year old transit with 60k on clock

Had a go with webuyanyvan.
For a 2017 Highline,1 owner from new with 26k on the clock we were offered £20, 016. Think we paid around £24,000.
Not selling but worth 5 minutes of my time. Think it's worth a bit more as it's been converted and was one of the last to get motor caravan status.

Screenshot_20211018-092202_Google.jpg

Yes, I’d doubt they take into consideration any modifications when they price it. They didn’t even look inside mine other than to take the mileage.

lol . . . . jokers.

MY18 204ps DSG T32 LWB Sportline. - 47K miles

i defo wont be selling up. - thats 50% drop from new.

1634551725309.png

just noticed the webuyany car/van is part of CINCH.co.uk

which is owned by BMA !!!

Back