T6.1 Headlights / Indicators

LambethBoy

204 DSG 4Motion
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Anyone know where the indicators are on these?
Are they that little black bit underneath or part of the DRL?

Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 14.53.28.png

My wife's 2018 Mini runs LEDs and that doesn't have washer jets either. I think there has been a change in the regulations.
I don't think the washer requirement ever applied to LEDs, just Xenons. I first had LEDs on an E Class in 2013 and that didn't have washers. My current BMW doesn't have them either.

I don't think the washer requirement ever applied to LEDs, just Xenons. I first had LEDs on an E Class in 2013 and that didn't have washers. My current BMW doesn't have them either.

I wish they weren't fitted to my T6. You spend hours cleaning your van, to then blast gallons of soapy water down the sides on the first pull of the stalk in the dark :mad:

Although good fun when someones riding your rear bumper on the motorway.

I'd like to get my hands on these....see if they fit a T6 since its in the same chassis?
Where the lights sit against the bonnet and wing panel are identical and if that black piece underneath is part of the unit / housing?
Maybe a new style grill that runs underneath the units to make up the difference?

Last edited:
T6.1s use a totally different BCM, not physically seen one but the part number is totally different from any T5/T6 predecessor

I'd like to get my hands on these....see if they fit a T6 since its in the same chassis?
Where the lights sit against the bonnet and wing panel are identical!
Maybe a new style grill that runs underneath the units to make up the difference?

It's recently been half done. The wings and bonnet are different as far as I can work out.

Yes I watched that when someone posted it a couple of weeks back. They reckon new bonnet, wings and slam panel would be needed, as well as the lights, grille, bumper etc. A bit like the 5.1 facelifts that were done on 5s. Probably looking at bad side of £3k

It's recently been half done. The wings and bonnet are different as far as I can work out.

Ahh now these are the standard H7 lights and that bit underneath is the indicator!!
So that panel must be blanked off if the indicator is in the DRL on the LED headlights!??

That’s a T5.1 they are face lifting that needs bonnet and wings a T6 may not
I wouldnt be against doing the facelift if it’s only the bumper and headlights but I’m guessing the BCM will need changing and there’s no way of telling how that will behave will older gen clusters etc, that a gamble that I’m not taking

Looking at S + S's vid, they used T6 bonnet and T6 wings.

Bonnet appears to fit fine but the wings leave a tapering gap to the light.

You'd either need T6.1 wings too or to create an infill piece (3D print maybe?) so you can use your T6 wings......

Looking at S + S's vid, they used T6 bonnet and T6 wings.

Bonnet appears to fit fine but the wings leave a tapering gap to the light.

You'd either need T6.1 wings too or to create an infill piece (3D print maybe?) so you can use your T6 wings......

You'd be better off using the 6.1 wings to get everything fitting correctly, and the more obvious change of the side repeater that's in a different location.

Back