T6.1 Glovebox Removal

MintH

I’m trying to remove the glovebox from my T6.1 Kombi Startline for a leisure battery charge cable. I can remove the passenger dash side panel (with the airbag switch) and three screws below the glovebox, but now I’m stuck. I can’t see any other screws and nothing else is obviously budging when prising with the trim tools. Any help or advice please?

I’m a new member, so thanks for all the help and advice I’ve absorbed so far from this forum. A16DAE2B-237A-4B95-9B84-66F8F2E0DA68.jpeg

Turns out I was being too delicate with the trim above the glovebox. This does just pop off leaving four screws behind the trim to remove then the glovebox hinges down and out of the way.

C2A4E3D3-0F50-492A-B8FC-186930D9FD81.jpeg

If you take the air bag switch off dont put the ignition on - it’ll be a trip to the dealers to get the airbag warning light reset!!

You have to take the end panel off put you dont have to unplug the switch but the door wont shut while it hanging out the side

Theres no issue unplugging it as long as you dont turn the ignition on or you will get an airbag fault light on the dash

Back