T6.1 genuine LED rear lights - tinted??

Andy_dea

Hi guys can anyone tell me if there is 2 variants or t6.1 led rear lights in tailgate fitment, normal and a darker tinted?

Are these both genuine factory lights and anyone got any images showing the differences between them?

Want to fit them to my t6, but not sure if the tinted will be better on a grey van

Cheers andy

Hi Andy,
Got a 6.1 coming in next week. Can check for you as I'm not sure myself. The T6 rear LED lights came in a cheery red or dark tint option. Perhaps it's the same? Will let you know.

Looking into this yesterday the dark tints are part number 7la945207a and 7la945208a, not sure on if other part numbers for non tinted

I was lucky to have factory LED lights which already have twin reverse lights. I’m sure someone will be along with the knowledge :thumbsup:

I've just had these fitted yesterday at Professional Retrofits. I wasn't lucky enough to have factory LED's but they wired them so both reverse lights now work which is good reversing on to the drive,i can actually see something on the reverse camera screen now. They aren't a dark tint like the tinted T6 ones,rather a deep red,really nice in my opinion

Get some pics up, would like to see the wiring for the other reverse light, I’ve ordered the tinted ones and also some plug and play looms to install

Hello @Andy_dea , i havnt got any pics of the wiring but im pretty sure it has been covered on here before and pretty much involves running a wire from one reverse light across the van to the other reverse light,im sure @Pauly could advise you how to do this

I’ve only come across the tinted ones so far, got them on my T6 and they’re brilliant.
View attachment 76148

Are these VW lights?, or aftermarket?, looking at these VW LED rears 7LA 945 207 C and 7LA 945 208 C, just trying to find out if these parts are like the lights in your photo.

Thanks

Last edited:
I’m planning to do the same for my T6 with factory rear led’s and also wondered about the normal or darker versions.

Are you buying direct from VW, or is there somewhere better to order from?

Are these VW lights?, or aftermarket?, looking at these VW LED rears 7LA 945 207 C and 7LA 945 208 C, just trying to find out if these parts are like the lights in your photo.

Thanks
The options for LED rear lights on tailgate vans
Original part number first followed by newer revision part number

Standard
7LA945207 or 7LA945207B Left
7LA945208 or 7LA945208B Right

Tinted
7LA945207A or 7LA945207C Left
7LA945208A or 7LA945208C Right

Anyone know the cheapest price/supplier for a pair of original VW T6.1 Tailgate rear tinted LED's

7LA945207C Left
7LA945208C Right

Looking like £450 for the pair.

VW_T6.1 LED rear lights from EBay_1.jpg

@Mooeee - you could always fit these, cheaper, non genuine but has swooshy turn signals:

Back