T6.1 Folding Door Mirrors as standard on a Highline?

Greyanglia

I have a brand new Campervan based on a T28 Highline. Are folding door mirrors standard? I've ticked the box on settings and turned the door mirror switch to folding too but they don't move on locking. On the same settings page I've ticked engage wiper on reverse and that works. Any ideas?
Thanks.

If your van is a T6.1 high line it should be standard. Do the mirrors fold when you lock with the key fob? I think you need to press lock twice. But what do you mean by based on highline?

Thanks. I always press the fob twice as assume that sets the deadlock. Sorry not being clear on the spec - it is a T28 Highline. Do I need a trip to a VW dealer to sort it out then?

Thanks. I always press the fob twice as assume that sets the deadlock. Sorry not being clear on the spec - it is a T28 Highline. Do I need a trip to a VW dealer to sort it out then?
Pressing the button once sets the deadlock. Pressing it twice cancels it.

Pressing the button one for 4 seconds should fold the mirrors.

I had the same question today. Long press on lock folds mirrors for me but then I don't understand what the tick option does in settings?

If I remember correctly the tick box enables mirror folding and window closing/ opening with a long push of the key- long push on unlocking to open windows. Long push on locking to fold mirrors and close windows. If I remember I’ll check the book tomorrow.

Reactions: CAB
Thanks for the video. Annoyingly I have tried exactly that and it doesn't work. I've also tried holding the button down which closed the windows but nothing on the door mirrors.
Beginning to think a trip to the Dealer is required as its brand new.

Thanks for the video. Annoyingly I have tried exactly that and it doesn't work. I've also tried holding the button down which closed the windows but nothing on the door mirrors.
Beginning to think a trip to the Dealer is required as its brand new.
I coded mine to do this. From new they took a long press.
Can you post a photo of your door switches?

Thanks for the quick response, this forum is brilliant for help.

Can't send a photo just now as away in St Ives and van parked about 20 Mon walk uphill from where we're staying. However, it is the standard VW knob with two settings for door mirror adjustment at the top and folding door mirror and heated mirror selection another side ant the bottom.

At the not ant the

Spoke to the conversion company I bought it from and sounds like when they had the mirrors off to spray them Pure Grey they forgot to reconnect them. No other reason I can think of but thanks for all your suggestions.

I’ve just ordered the Carista gadget to enable folding mirrors on lock without needing to hold the lock button on the T6.1 - will report back when I try it out.

I’ve just ordered the Carista gadget to enable folding mirrors on lock without needing to hold the lock button on the T6.1 - will report back when I try it out.
I've already got this working on my van by using Carista.

• Love
Reactions: dj_
Hi mate! I just received my Carista and I can’t get any customisation options - it says they’re still under development :(
if you email them you might get on the beta programme which will allow the additional options.

Reactions: dj_
if you email them you might get on the beta programme which will allow the additional options.
Was able to get onto the beta programme but sadly there are so few customise options. Maybe because it's a build made for Australia, but I was hoping I could at least do the mirror thing haha

Back