T6.1 Fog Lamps, standard, white or yellow?

Jlo

SixPointOne
T6 Guru
OK, so I'm having an internal dilemma; I've got a few options available to me but struggling to decide what way to go.

I'm hoping wine is going to help decide for me but your opinions would be appreciated!

1. Standard Bulbs - They work fine but I find the halogen colour a bit off. Personal choice.

2. LED Bulbs - I've got a set of the LED bulbs with canbus resistors from Travelin Lite, love the colour but the resistors aren't waterproof due to the wiring being too small for the connector seal (Image below of the back of the connector) and they cause interface to the DAB radio.

3. Yellow! - Stick with the halogen bulbs and add yellow tint (that I've already ordered) to the fog lmaps.

IMG_20210115_155246.jpg

OK, so I'm having an internal dilemma; I've got a few options available to me but struggling to decide what way to go.

I'm hoping wine is going to help decide for me but your opinions would be appreciated!

1. Standard Bulbs - They work fine but I find the halogen colour a bit off. Personal choice.

2. LED Bulbs - I've got a set of the LED bulbs with canbus resistors from Travelin Lite, love the colour but the resistors aren't waterproof due to the wiring being too small for the connector seal (Image below of the back of the connector) and they cause interface to the DAB radio.

3. Yellow! - Stick with the halogen bulbs and add yellow tint (that I've already ordered) to the fog lmaps.

View attachment 98781
I put Transporter HQ LEDs in the fogs years ago, they are still working but IMO are don’t give off as much light as the standard ‘yellow’ halogens.
I put them in because I believed there would be an improvement in light output, I’m not really interested in what they look like as if I can see them I’m leaning too far out of the window.

I put Transporter HQ LEDs in the fogs years ago, they are still working but IMO are don’t give off as much light as the standard ‘yellow’ halogens.
I put them in because I believed there would be an improvement in light output, I’m not really interested in what they look like as if I can see them I’m leaning too far out of the window.

like you I thought the LED bulbs would give a better output but I can't even see them turning on now, I can definitely see the hologen bulbs coming on when cornering though.. My thought was going back to hologen bulbs and adding yellow lamp tint would make them different enough so I wouldn't mind... Maybe I'm just mental!

That's the sort of answer I wanted! Simple! Maybe I don't need that wine now... Nah! Who am kidding!
No, no, no! Wine always helps!

I think “fog lamp cornering” is more useful for other road users than it is for the driver! However, it’s nice for the driver to see the feature functioning and if yellow does the trick....!

I've turned off the winking function so they never, ever come on. Problem of colour matching to all the other lights gone.

No, no, no! Wine always helps!

I think “fog lamp cornering” is more useful for other road users than it is for the driver! However, it’s nice for the driver to see the feature functioning and if yellow does the trick....!

I hope the tint comes off if I don't like it!

I'm not one of those that drives around with them on!

Put some small Laura Ashley curtains over the halogens to save the embarrassment.

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
Turned off the cornering function as soon as I got the van, for fogs to be functional the warmer the colour the better so I've gone for yellow osram fog breakers 2600k and a yellow tint. Not everyone's cup of tea but I like it. DSC_0069_7.JPG

Turned off the cornering function as soon as I got the van, for fogs to be functional the warmer the colour the better so I've gone for yellow osram fog breakers 2600k and a yellow tint. Not everyone's cup of tea but I like it. View attachment 98812
Thanks, They look goo! Any chance of a picture from the drivers seat with them on at night, how much do they help?

Not had any real foggy weather since I tinted them over Christmas. I'll take photos when the opertunity arises :thumbsup:

Reactions: Jlo
What about the best of both? LED white and French yellow - changeable.

Reactions: Jlo
What about the best of both? LED white and French yellow - changeable.

Thanks! Will check those out although I'm pretty sure I want to move away from LED

Back