T6.1 Factory fit air heater or retrofit Pro's & Cons?

JDREDBLU

Hi All

I have ordered a T6.1 Kombi LWB and am still awaiting its delivery. I believe I can still add a heater to the order.

I will subsequently have a pop top fitted and other bits and bobs done.

My questions are:

• Will it be simple to change the factory fitted unit control from the supplied radio remote to a phone app type?
  • The VW factory fit is circa £800 more than my fitter, but I imagine the controls will be similar to those I have seen on Camper conversions? I.e. integrated into the space between the two sun visors? And the heating vents will be integral too like the VW campers?
Also, the VW configurator wants me to choose either a:

• Electrical interface and multi-function control module for external use with telematics prep
  • MAX CFCU with terminal block and bodybuilder configuration
  • Electrical interface and multi-function control module 2 for external use with telematics prep
The VW web site is very unhelpful about what these actually for! I would add that I also will be adding a PV panel to.

Any advice would be really helpful, as although I have had a T4 and still have a T5 this is my first conversion. Thanks in advance

Hi All

I have ordered a T6.1 Kombi LWB and am still awaiting its delivery. I believe I can still add a heater to the order.

I will subsequently have a pop top fitted and other bits and bobs done.

My questions are:

• Will it be simple to change the factory fitted unit control from the supplied radio remote to a phone app type?
  • The VW factory fit is circa £800 more than my fitter, but I imagine the controls will be similar to those I have seen on Camper conversions? I.e. integrated into the space between the two sun visors? And the heating vents will be integral too like the VW campers?
Also, the VW configurator wants me to choose either a:

• Electrical interface and multi-function control module for external use with telematics prep
  • MAX CFCU with terminal block and bodybuilder configuration
  • Electrical interface and multi-function control module 2 for external use with telematics prep
The VW web site is very unhelpful about what these actually for! I would add that I also will be adding a PV panel to.

Any advice would be really helpful, as although I have had a T4 and still have a T5 this is my first conversion. Thanks in advance

I had a Wabasco diesel heater put in as part of my conversion in June for c£700 as I wanted a warranty on the fitting more than the product.
I was sceptical as I’d heard mixed reports but pleased to say mine has been fantastic so far.

I had a Wabasco diesel heater put in as part of my conversion in June for c£700 as I wanted a warranty on the fitting more than the product.
I was sceptical as I’d heard mixed reports but pleased to say mine has been fantastic so far.

Are you in the US of A? We call them by their name in Europe - Webasto. (They change Eberspacher to Espar for some reason as well )

Back