T6.1 DSG illuminated selector

Gordon1702

Gas fitter
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Does anyone know how difficult it is to retrofit the Tiguan led dsg gear knob to a vw t6.1. I have attached an image of the gear knob I’m planning fitting.

Thanks

96D23B50-F148-4E1F-ADD9-73027C27BEE7.png

I'm interested in this. I know @T6180 had one fitted. If I remember correctly it's not a straight swap, bending / cutting metal required put me off.
Was it this?

Does anyone know how difficult it is to retrofit the Tiguan led dsg gear knob to a vw t6.1. I have attached an image of the gear knob I’m planning fitting.

Thanks

View attachment 139244
@Taylorm asked on another thread but didn’t get any response. I’ve tagged him here so he can tell us if he found anything out elsewhere

Was it this?

No, it was this:

5F5BF98C-BA9B-45AB-BDE8-B59B13E43D4E_1_201_a.jpeg

Surely it can’t be that difficult to replace if they are doing it for £250 within a 70 mile radius

I’ve not had it done don’t think there is a lot involved nearly bought one the other day guy wanted £200 quid and said it was straight forward but wanted cash transferred in to bank and was from fb so wasn’t willing to risk the £200

Ta, I’d rather have it fitted as I think it must need something fettling for the illumination to work. Just upgraded the steering wheel so want the gear nob doing. It’s letting the cockpit down travelling two miles too work.

Just umming and ahing whether to get one of these and give it a go. Dont know if they supply any sort of guidance instructions with it like Travelin-lite usually do.

Just umming and ahing whether to get one of these and give it a go. Dont know if they supply any sort of guidance instructions with it like Travelin-lite usually do.
If they dont give instructions it might be difficult. I know now its bending/ reshaping some of the plastic that is needed to get it to fit.

Think this is what some of you might be looking for..
im thinking about doing this but the van is brand new at the moment so a bit twichy about doing it.

Back