T6.1 driver door won't open from the outside

Badger

T6 Pro
Since the last few days of cold spell in the UK my driver door will not open with the outside handle however opens smoothly from the inside no problem. Tried warm water etc but no joy... anyone able to advise? The van is only 2 months old.

Not sure how the mechanism works but I would have thought that if there was a fault then it wouldn't open from the inside too?

Any help will be appreciated

regards

It’s a well known problem on 6.1’s. Most so far have needed a trip to the dealer to adjust and there is mention of a recall coming to address it

Hi thanks, so how do i know if this is a recall issue or just a frost ... will start working when the weather warms up?

Take it back and demand a repair or replacement van
Exactly as DXX says. It’s clearly a design fault and we shouldn’t be experiencing this issue at all in a new van design. Get it booked in and make it clear you know this is a common problem that needs fixing under warranty.

Just returned from VW Citigate in Collindale and it’s been rectified. The cable came loose due to pulling on the handle due to frost. Seems like VW have been caught out by the cold snap

Back