T6.1 - Doors pop open when driving

Deaston

T6 Pro
Just a heads-up, with all the issues I've been having with Android Auto, my T6.1 has been back to the dealers several times. On the last visit, he mentioned that the vans have a recall regarding the doors popping open on their own.

Apparently it's to do with the cable to the catch being too short and, in cold weather, it shrinks to the point it opens the door, so I had the recall done so it wouldn't happen.

Today, driving along at 50mph with the outside temperature at 23C, the driver's door popped open and the van started pinging at me. I'll be contacting my dealer tomorrow as this clearly isn't a good situation - not sure if the recall has created a new problem.

Love my T6.1, but they seem to be plagued with problems. Maybe I should've waited for the T7 after all...

T6.1 seems have to some issues that should be issues. 110 engine with oil dilution being a big one.

That’s not good:oops:. Give you had the recall work done, or not yet. Mine had recall last week, I’ve not been far in it, but have a motorway journey this afternoon!!!!!

Mine was in for a pinched cable in the headlining. Causing the auto wipers, auto lights and alarm sensors to fail. Fixed now though

Just a heads-up, with all the issues I've been having with Android Auto, my T6.1 has been back to the dealers several times. On the last visit, he mentioned that the vans have a recall regarding the doors popping open on their own.

Apparently it's to do with the cable to the catch being too short and, in cold weather, it shrinks to the point it opens the door, so I had the recall done so it wouldn't happen.

Today, driving along at 50mph with the outside temperature at 23C, the driver's door popped open and the van started pinging at me. I'll be contacting my dealer tomorrow as this clearly isn't a good situation - not sure if the recall has created a new problem.

Love my T6.1, but they seem to be plagued with problems. Maybe I should've waited for the T7 after all...

I wonder when they started correcting this at the factory. Collecting mine September , hopefully things like this will be sorted

It did wonder whether it was a good idea buying a 6.1 whilst the factory was dealing with COVID. Looks like time will tell

I'm sure there shall be just as many problems with the T7 too, same as the T6

It did wonder whether it was a good idea buying a 6.1 whilst the factory was dealing with COVID. Looks like time will tell
If I'm having these problems with a van built before Covid, I would certainly agree. And trying to get these problems sorted with the endless "working from home", "that department is closed at the moment", "self-isolating" etc. is impossible.

Back