T6.1 Discover pro 9.2 mystery icon [Solved]

TheOldGoat

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Morning folks, can anyone enlighten me as to what this icon means?

In picture 1 the icon is the standard bluetooth one.
In pictures 2 & 3 the icon changes to a number.

This number randomly increases by one during driving, and on one occasion reached 9.

I don't think it's anything to do with phone pairing as there is only one phone in the vehicle.

After "Loosing" the data connection for live traffic and whatever else it does for over a week I noticed the bluetooth icon never changed!
It would appear it only works with [E-sim?] data connection.

The data connection mysteriously returned by itself!

When I asked a VW technician he thought it might be key number as it was showing 1.
I only have two keys though.

Many thanks for looking.

Bluetooth.png

Number_4_am.png

Number_7_am.png

Last edited:
Hi Dell, no I don't think so.
If I get a text message the head unit shows an envelope icon, to the right of phone battery level if I recall.
Definately not missed calls as they dont show on phone itself.

I wondered if it's the head unit picking up nearby bluetooth from other vehicles but why?
I would only expect it to connect to devices that are paired.

So just to update the info I have.
I have turned off my phone and whatever causes the mystery number still does it!
It would seem it has nothing to do with mobile phone connections.
The bluetooth and phone charge / signal icons do not appear, and I've not tried any other bluetooth device in the vehicle.
However the mystery number keeps appearing.

Has anyone else with the same media head unit seen the same?

VW_Radio-2.png

Could it be the number of satellites it’s relieving sat nav data from? I have no idea it’s just a guess.

Hi @Aggers, possible but i doubt it. The number never changes to a lower one, only goes up.

I'm wondering if it could be undocumented notification of onboard network errors?
If I connect VCDS I always have a GPS antena intermittent fault. However the sat nav has never lost position
on the roads

I did an online search for discover pro 9.2 images and found this image [//parkers-images.bauersecure.com/wp-images/19431/0058-vw-transporter-2020.jpg].
Shows the same icon but different head unit.

PS. not sure if I can link directly to off forum web pages, (forum rules?).

Hi @MK2Golf24v, it would seem it's not related to mobile phones as I get the same random numbers without a phone
being paired.
What kind of notifications did you mean?

@MK2Golf24v, have to admit not tried swiping from the white line. I did try swiping down out of frustration
but must have missed the "sweet" spot.
Might need an hour or so but will test later and report back.

Many thanks for info.

So finaly, got there thanks to @MK2Golf24v.
When the number appears it does indeed mean there is a notification.
In my case after a while the number reaches anything up to 9.
So when I got 3 I swiped down. Couldn't see anything obvious at first, then noticed blue line above Navigation Anouncements.
Swipe down, no. Swipe up, no. Swipe left, YES! I then see three notifications.
Software update and two e-sim errors.

Two hours after applying update and it's stuck half way. Suspect that's to do with e-sim problems.

Many thanks for all suggestions.

VW_Radio-3.png

VW_Radio-4.png

VW_Radio-5.png

Back