T6.1 dipped LED headlights abroad

Rowls1958

I,m currently in Germany in my T6.1 California Ocean, I have led lights. Do I need to do anything to change dipped beam as now of course driving on the right. I thought you could change via the info display but can't find anything......

Can't find the setting on the T6.1 MFD, someone said as they are lcd lights there is no need to change anything ?

Can't find the setting on the T6.1 MFD, someone said as they are lcd lights there is no need to change anything ?
Yes, LED lights should be changed for driving on the right. Its definitely in the MFD on the T6.

Look for ‘Travel Mode’ as from memory that is the setting for LED’s on the T6

Sorry to but in the thread, I have a t 6.1 start line with factory led’s. The travel mode is on the head unit but greyed out ( so can not select it) . Can any one check on there van if this is the same as am travelling abroad soon and like other don’t want to put stickers on as not even sure it will tell me correct placement m. There is a chance they change automatically like my older Audi but am not taking the chance. Thanks

To update my post, I took my 6.1 panel van in to Vw as did not have a travel mode and they have confirmed that even when plugged in it is not available thus means that the beam pattern is flat and conforms to eu spec. They then mentioned if I wanted to really cover my self I could stick on the adapters by parking it facing a wall and blanking off the left part of the beam. This is not really what I expect from a £1000 option but have it in writing so at least they can be held accountable.

I just went looking for the option on my new Highline with LEDs, and I too cannot find any 'Travel Mode' option either in the head unit or in the MFD. There is no mention of it in the handbook either.

I just went looking for the option on my new Highline with LEDs, and I too cannot find any 'Travel Mode' option either in the head unit or in the MFD. There is no mention of it in the handbook either.
Just found a thread from Loz on the VWCaliforniaClub forum where VW seem to no longer offer Travel Mode as LEDs have a flat beam pattern. Not that the German TUVA seem to accept it if you want to export a UK vehicle to Germany, despite flat beam meeting the EU legislation and VW coming from, where was it now....

I just double checked to be safe and they do list different versions for lhd and rhd so there must be some difference

1632404430415.png

I don't have T6.1(PQ25 forever:inlove:) so can't verify myself but some MQB platform vehicles have automatic travel mode adjustment based on GPS location. If a vehicle is equipped with automatic travel mode the menu entry for the option in question doesn't exist.

Reactions: mmi
I've read loads of posts but nothing really definitive, so hoping you can help me out. I have factory LEDs on a T6.1 (with no travel setting on mfd). Driving to France next week and want to know if I need to put deflector stickers on? Has anyone driven a lot in France with LEDs without doing this?

The beam pattern is basically flat on LED headlights, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Thanks. Just wondered if anyone had driven over there without deflectors and if there was any issue. Just mindful of the "It is compulsory" I keep reading....

Back