T6.1 Digital Dash Retrofit Software Update

chappers0987

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

Just enquiring if anyone has come across any issues when applying software updates when having a had a digital dash retro fitted? Only my head unit has said there is an update available but I’m reluctant to apply it.

Heard a rumour that applying updates could cause issues and potentially need the dash re-coding?

Mine was fitted by Leighton Vans on purchase if it makes any difference.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've done various over the air updates and they've all been fine. It's just the dealer ones I'm wary of as that clears any non standard coding and has done when my SOS module was replaced.
I'm after the infotainment update from 0156 to 0278 which only the dealer can apply but I'm waiting until I'm next going to Bognor so they can then undo what the dealer does and recode it :slow rofl:

That’s good to know the over the air updates have been installed without issue, you have given me confidence to give it a go!

What’s been benefit of the 0156 to 0278 update?

Yeah, I'm not sure what the over the air stuff does. Just seems quick to update and says minor bug updates. Done about 3 or 4 now since having it.
That update has cured the SOS error for another member on here which I'm still getting, also I believe wireless android auto! That's my main reason for wanting the update. My warranty runs out in a month so need to get it done before then and then have the unit recoded. Fun.
Good luck with your updates :thumbsup:

Back