T6.1 Colours

Darren kearns

I’m in the process of ordering my new 6.1 high line and why is it so difficult to find a proper colour brochure from Vw ? I asked my dealer what the new pure grey is on the vans I’ve seen on YouTube and he told me it’s a new Ascot grey colour but I can’t confirm it because there doesn’t seem to be any pictures anywhere? Confused and a little anxious because I’m spending nearly €50,ooo on this I’ve every exstra going so just need the right colour

Nobody knows because it's all so new...... new van, new ordering system, new colours, new brouchers, etc etc.

If you really want to know all the exact details you may want to wait for 6mnths for the new setup to settle down.

If not you will have to take a gamble that everything is as you expect.....

I was in the same situation as you when we moved from T5 to T5.1..... lots of unknowns and the order ended up getting messed up due to a new factory ordering system and options.

I’m in the process of ordering my new 6.1 high line and why is it so difficult to find a proper colour brochure from Vw ? I asked my dealer what the new pure grey is on the vans I’ve seen on YouTube and he told me it’s a new Ascot grey colour but I can’t confirm it because there doesn’t seem to be any pictures anywhere? Confused and a little anxious because I’m spending nearly €50,ooo on this I’ve every exstra going so just need the right colour

Ta daaaaaaaaa

Pure Grey, the best colour VW currently do and my first choice if I order the new 6.1 unless....... it becomes a popular choice.

1200-L-essai-1.jpg

images.jpeg-1.jpg images.jpeg-2.jpg

Ascot Grey is a lot lighter from what I've seen. Looks Silver in some images, and Beige in others.

72204592_742999886217808_932825707905465238_n.jpg

Although this beast is growing on me, and I know Black paintwork well ;)

74403158_188290258971328_8088841728841862080_n.jpg

Last edited:
Quick video showing some of the new colours, Chris’s channel is worth a follow.

Possibly a Fortana Red for me next time :whistle:

I think the grey is the pure grey rather than indium grey metallic? Looks quite odd to me.

I think the grey is the pure grey rather than indium grey metallic? Looks quite odd to me.

Indium Grey is still available on the 6.1
They'd never stop a colour like that simply because it's the most popular.
Pure Grey is now available in Highline for the first time, plus a few new colours and some of the old.

Indium Grey is still available on the 6.1
They'd never stop a colour like that simply because it's the most popular.
Pure Grey is now available in Highline for the first time, plus a few new colours and some of the old.

I'm aware Indium Grey is still available, hence my question: is the grey on the Highline in the posted video Pure Grey or Indium Grey?

Two votes for Pure Grey! (I don't like it)

Really? I do like it, but I think it's going to be way too popular from what I read on pre-orders. Apparently that tone of Grey was the best seller across all manufacturers in 2018.
Looks cool with Black wheels and Black detailing.

Hmmm really not keen on the 6.1 front end. Maybe it will grow on me I don't know. I have to admit I'm a bit of a dinosaur though, I still think the best looking vw van front end is the original T5 Sportline

Yes the front styling may be a grower but not keen at first glance ! I do like pure grey but I think it will be very popular ! I will be interesting to see what the sport line front styling will be like

Hi I have just placed a order from parkways Leicester for a 6.1Kombi dsg 150.
What colour do you think is best for the new models.
I was thinking pure grey or ascot grey. What extras do you think is a must.
Please advise as I have never had one of these .
Thanks

Hello all, after lurking for a good while we are finally looking to purchase a T6.1.
Problem is I can't seem to find a configurator where Bright Orange is an option....am I missing something??? Thanks in advance

Back