T6.1 Carista for DPF monitoring?

Yes, on the T6.1 there is a sort of 'firewall' that opening the bonnet switches off. Even VCDS needs the bonnet open.

Once I've accessed all of the functions in Carista Beta, I managed to disable my full beam on the front drivers side only!
A word of advice to anyone who doesn't know what they are doing... DO NOT FIDDLE WITH THE BULB CHECKING FUNCTIONALITY!
All sorted now... what a massive tw@t I now fee!

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Hi, does anyone know if Carista allows you to turn on ‘auto mirror fold’ on lock rather than press a and for 3 seconds.

Also, is there a type of dial sweep for the digital dash?

Thanks

Hi, does anyone know if Carista allows you to turn on ‘auto mirror fold’ on lock rather than press a and for 3 seconds.

Also, is there a type of dial sweep for the digital dash?

Thanks
Yes and not sure about the digital dash but it works on the standard dash.

Reactions: Abx
Yes. i found that I need to use Carista Beta on my 6.1 as the standard version is still in development.
Note that you need your bonnet open to make any mods. (I didn't realise that this was a requirement and spent absolutely ages faffing around thinking that the Beta version was a bit crap!)
There is good stuff in the customising section and everything seems to work well unless you forget to pop that bonnet!

No. It's a slight faff.
You need to download TestFlight so that you can run the beta version.
(Note that it is a bit odd once you've sorted getting the beta app live on your phone, as the app asks you to make a subscription. Don't worry about putting in your credentials here as no money ever gets paid for the beta app. Appstore does tell you this, but it's initially not that obvious)

Reactions: CAB
Did you manage to get the "tear drop wipe" to work with the beta version?
I've been fiddling with loads of pointless stuff today, after getting Carista form Christmas.
Most things worked apart from the main thing I intended to change!
I have the beta version and Yes "tear drop wipe" is working.

Weird thing today with my Carista. After removing the "beep on lock" this morning, my Carista Beta app is now missing loads of the functionality I saw (and used) yesterday.
My tailgate is now failing to unlock without the use of the key fob, which is annoying! I assume that this is because I enabled something yesterday. I am hoping that the app somehow regains its functionality.
Has anyone else experienced this sort of problem with regards to Carista Beta losing its functionality?
Yes but it was back next time I tried... (cold car, ignition on).

@Sjeberg (I think you missed the post earlier in the thread where all of my issues were caused by using Carista with the bonnet closed.)
OPEN THE BONNET.

it depends on the year and model I think. On my T6.1 from 2121 I have to open the bonnet. On my friend's T6.1 from 2020, it works without opening the bonnet. Funny!!

I'm sure this has been asked before, but has anyone enabled the tear drop wipe on a 2022 T6.1? I've enabled everything I had on my T6 apart from this function, and i realy miss it. The tear drop wipe is one of the few really useful features and I just can't find it, that said, it was a nice surprise to see the range of features available via the van itself has vastly improved.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but has anyone enabled the tear drop wipe on a 2022 T6.1? I've enabled everything I had on my T6 apart from this function, and i realy miss it. The tear drop wipe is one of the few really useful features and I just can't find it, that said, it was a nice surprise to see the range of features available via the van itself has vastly improved.

Yes did it yesterday on my 2021 Cali, however was via the Beta version. Word of warning that you can't test standing still, you need to be moving for it to work. And on the rear, Option 1 is very quick after the main wipe so I've now changed to option 2 which I'm hoping has a longer lag, but not tested yet.

Yes did it yesterday on my 2021 Cali, however was via the Beta version. Word of warning that you can't test standing still, you need to be moving for it to work. And on the rear, Option 1 is very quick after the main wipe so I've now changed to option 2 which I'm hoping has a longer lag, but not tested yet.
Update, Option 2 on rear rear drop wipe did not work so gone back to option 1.

Back