T6.1 Carista for DPF monitoring?

I cant even find the tar drop wipe with vcds. Was hoping Carista would do it, however looks like not, and my Carista is knackered anyway :(
Have you tried the following adaptations in 09-Central Electrics (BCM) - by changing them with VCDS to active (or something...)

ENG148493-ENG149242-Windshield wiper-Traenenwischen_Front_Statusnot active
ENG148493-ENG126844-Windshield wiper-Washer_Tipwiping_Variantnot active

Have you tried the following adaptations in 09-Central Electrics (BCM) - by changing them with VCDS to active (or something...)

ENG148493-ENG149242-Windshield wiper-Traenenwischen_Front_Statusnot active
ENG148493-ENG126844-Windshield wiper-Washer_Tipwiping_Variantnot active
No, I will have a look tomorrow. If the weather is dry. Problem is my laptop needs to be plugging in full time now. The battery doesn't last long enough to do a scan lol.

I wish I had studied German at school :/

Reactions: mmi
Was this using carista? I can do the 3s lock press already as you say, but fold on single click would be ideal.

I found Beta Carista pretty good at adapting the way things work.
The one and only thing I failed to achieve was the tear drop wipe.
For the money Carista does everything that it should and more.

I liked the following tweaks:
Rear lights on when boot open.
Turn off fog when full beam on.
Fog lights on when "Coming home",
Rear reversing lights on with when "Coming home".
Got rid of AM ON radio.
Alarm Chirp on locking.

There is a fair bit to fiddle with and most features seem great!
Just need Carista to sort the last few things that don't work and I feel that Carista would be worth the annual fee for sure.

I found Beta Carista pretty good at adapting the way things work.
The one and only thing I failed to achieve was the tear drop wipe.
For the money Carista does everything that it should and more.

I liked the following tweaks:
Rear lights on when boot open.
Turn off fog when full beam on.
Fog lights on when "Coming home",
Rear reversing lights on with when "Coming home".
Got rid of AM ON radio.
Alarm Chirp on locking.

There is a fair bit to fiddle with and most features seem great!
Just need Carista to sort the last few things that don't work and I feel that Carista would be worth the annual fee for sure.
Some good ones, but alarm chirp on locking is illegal in UK now.
Im glad I dont live next door to you, neighbour had a car doing that a couple of years ago. Used to wake me up in the middle of the night.

I got the tear drop wipe to work on beta mode but couldn't get reversing lights to come on when unlocking..

I’m pretty sure I didn’t have the option to change some of those when I was messing around with mine a few weeks back now. Particularly light settings etc. alarm chirp I did notice however.

Any reason it would vary from van to van?? I’m on the beta version, I’ve got a factory kombi, with elec folding mirrors etc.

If I get the chance I’ll jump in today and give it another try

I’m pretty sure I didn’t have the option to change some of those when I was messing around with mine a few weeks back now. Particularly light settings etc. alarm chirp I did notice however.

Any reason it would vary from van to van?? I’m on the beta version, I’ve got a factory kombi, with elec folding mirrors etc.

If I get the chance I’ll jump in today and give it another try
I guess it depends on specs of lights etc.

Half of the things in those screen shots above don’t show up on the beta for me - I bought mine a couple of months back specifically for things like folding mirrors on lock, welcome home light time extension etc and nothing useful listed yet that I could see.

@ako6fr was that from connection a t6.1 or just a t6?
Just seen your message, yes they are screen shots off a T6.1

Weird thing today with my Carista. After removing the "beep on lock" this morning, my Carista Beta app is now missing loads of the functionality I saw (and used) yesterday.
My tailgate is now failing to unlock without the use of the key fob, which is annoying! I assume that this is because I enabled something yesterday. I am hoping that the app somehow regains its functionality.
Has anyone else experienced this sort of problem with regards to Carista Beta losing its functionality?

Odd one particularly with you using it yesterday.

I did email carista this morning as I’m still only seeing reduced options so will see what they come back with and let you know if anything useful. Currently the options I get to customise in beta are;

4AC2BCCD-2997-43F7-AA61-DE7F16154C1B.jpeg
8BAA79E8-22CB-41BD-8C2F-C04530A2027D.jpeg

So pretty slimmed down compared to that posted earlier in the thread.

Vwry strange, mine changes between gallons and litres to refill tank, no logic or what

Odd one particularly with you using it yesterday.

I did email carista this morning as I’m still only seeing reduced options so will see what they come back with and let you know if anything useful. Currently the options I get to customise in beta are;

View attachment 140264
View attachment 140265

So pretty slimmed down compared to that posted earlier in the thread.
I am glad it's not just me! I thought I may have done something stupid! Thanks for confirming that it is not just me with the issue.

Last edited:
Ffs I’ll try later on with the bonnet open and see whether that changes anything

Glad your sorted

Just for closure on this issue we’ve been having, and for anyone else experiencing issues with lack of options, menu changing and settings disappearing etc

Make sure the bonnet is open

I’ve been out, and with bonnet open I had access to all the settings I needed and was previously not seeing - so thanks very much Samro for posting that.

Welcome home / leaving home light duration increased, mirrors folding on one click of lock, and a few other bits added successfully

Back