T6.1 battery upgrade

pabgarde

There is an option when buying a Beach Camper T6.1 of adding a battery and alternator with more capacity. Do you know what's is the new capacity and if the new battery capacity is for the motor battery or the leisure battery?
The Beach Camper model does not have the option of adding an extra battery (3rd battery) like Ocean does...
Thank you!

This option appears to be for 92ah starter battery (motor battery in your parlance) and higher capacity alternator (can't remember the details).

Probably intended for very short haul delivery vans.

Although the California Ocean and Beach camper (possibly the Tour) list the larger alternator and 75ah starter battery as standard equipment.

Imo a larger starter battery would not be generally beneficial except in particular driving circumstances.

There is an option when buying a Beach Camper T6.1 of adding a battery and alternator with more capacity. Do you know what's is the new capacity and if the new battery capacity is for the motor battery or the leisure battery?
The Beach Camper model does not have the option of adding an extra battery (3rd battery) like Ocean does...
Thank you!
How much extra is it?

In the spanish configurator (sorry for my english) there are 3 options:
- Battery with more capacity and normal alternator: 95€
- Battery normal with alternator with more capacity: 0€ (no extra cost)
- Battery and alternator with more capacity: 95€

Normal battery (starter and leisure) is 75Ah and normal alternator 180A. I read somewhere in this forum that the upgrade would be 92Ah for the battery and 250A for the alternator, but not sure.

In any case, if the battery capacity only affects the starter battery, I don't think there is a need to go for this option... I was expecting to increase leisure battery as 75Ah seems a very poor battery for this vehicles...

Thank you for the answers!

For 95 euros I think it's worthwhile to have just incase? Maybe if you don't use the van for some weeks it might be worth it?

On our T6,

it was 75ah battery & 140A alternator - standard spec.

we had the factory AUX battery and got the uprated 180A Alternator as part of the pack.

not sure if its changed on the T6.1 build sheet.

New T6.1 specifications show a 75Ah battery and a 180A alternator by default. I want to know the upgrade version capacity and if it affects only to the starter, leisure or both batteries...
95€ only to upgrade the starter batter seems too much for me...

Ok, nobody else answered but I found in a pdf document from VW that this option is only for the starter battery.
Leisure battery cannot be upgraded in VW.
One more question, if anybody has a T6.1 Beach Camper. Where is the leisure battery? Under copilot seat? Is the seat box under pilot empty?

Back