T6.1 assembly time

Skydiver

Hi,
Does anyone know how long it takes to assemble a T6.1 from pressing the metal and welding and paint to rolling off the line ?

Thanks

Have a read of the T6.1 order delays thread, you'd think going by that it takes decades, but I'd have a guess at days rather than hours like some other car makers. I'd be very surprised if it was a continual process from start to finish, probably chunks at a time.

Have a read of the T6.1 order delays thread, you'd think going by that it takes decades, but I'd have a guess at days rather than hours like some other car makers. I'd be very surprised if it was a continual process from start to finish, probably chunks at a time.
Thanks. I agree, i guess theres a gap between anti-corrosion, prime and paint then build

15 weeks from order to uk dealership / build time? (built in Poland now days) (plus extra for any UK mods . . . ie sportline or T-Sport)

not sure about factory run time . . .

there was a mini documentary posted on here ages ago that showed the VWCV factory / plant?

ill have to see if i can find the link?

Great video thanks, I've been numerous times to the Liebherr factory in Nenzing Austria (construction foundation equipment) and their factory is second to none. Very meticulous in how they operate so can only imagine VW are as equally as efficient

Back