T6.1 Android Auto - not connecting.

Deaston

T6 Pro
I've got an up-to-date Google Pixel 3a, it has Android Auto installed, I'm using the original USB cable... but it won't connect. I've tried restarting everything and a different cable.

I'm following the instructions on-screen as well as in the manual, and it's just repeating the same message.

Anyone have a similar problem/solution?

IMG_20200107_094918.jpg

I get that message occasionally (not the same phone or a T6.1) but a T6 I just hit Android Auto again on the Screen and it does work

Is the van listed under Connected Cars Accepted Cars.

Have you launched Android Auto on the phone before connecting to the USB

(as a aside i have Auto Launch on Bluetooth connection turned off on my Android Auto App as it caused problems)

Does the phone even launch Android Auto and ask you to set it up when you plug it in

Is the van listed under Connected Cars Accepted Cars.

Have you launched Android Auto on the phone before connecting to the USB

(as a aside i have Auto Launch on Bluetooth connection turned off on my Android Auto App as it caused problems)

Does the phone even launch Android Auto and ask you to set it up when you plug it in

Thanks for the reply. I've tried EVERYTHING but it will not work. It was one of the main reasons of getting a new van, so very frustrating!

Android Auto doesn't launch when I plug in (and I can't find an option to enable/disable auto launch). And the van isn't listed under Connected Cars either.

Very frustrating!

Thanks for the reply. I've tried EVERYTHING but it will not work. It was one of the main reasons of getting a new van, so very frustrating!

Android Auto doesn't launch when I plug in (and I can't find an option to enable/disable auto launch). And the van isn't listed under Connected Cars either.

Very frustrating!

Auto Launch is under Phone Screen settings (within the Android Auto App). Although you still need the USB to really do anything it will be good to see if it the app will launch once it detects the vans Bluetooth

You've said you've tried everything but i'll just list a few things while my mind is whirring.

Have you used Android Auto on this phone in another vehicle
Have you tried another Android phone in your T6.1

Under Connected Cars is "Accept new cars" enabled

Your van isn't under Rejected Cars is it??

I had a similar problem for the life of me I couldn't get it to connect and then all of a sudden it just did. Not sure what the hell I did!

I had a similar problem for the life of me I couldn't get it to connect and then all of a sudden it just did. Not sure what the hell I did!

I've deleted my entire phone to factory settings and then just updated to the latest OS and apps and it still won't connect. Incredibly frustrating because you know VW will blame Google and Google won't give a toss.

Very frustrating!

Is it just the Pixel that won't connect or other handsets too?

I just collected my van today and I'm getting the exact message and I tried 3 different phones. Did you get it to work?

I've recentlyourchsed a new T6.1 nd tried to connect my Samsung S8 via the USB C port to Andriod Auto and I'm getting the same message as Deaston. I've tried everything already stated, even tried a second Andriod device which didn't work.

I then tried two different Apply phones and one connected straight away to Apply Carplay without any issues and the second connected but kept losing connection.

Unfortunately VW Van Centre will not take a look in the current climate as this isn't an emergency.

Help!

I've recentlyourchsed a new T6.1 nd tried to connect my Samsung S8 via the USB C port to Andriod Auto and I'm getting the same message as Deaston. I've tried everything already stated, even tried a second Andriod device which didn't work.

I then tried two different Apply phones and one connected straight away to Apply Carplay without any issues and the second connected but kept losing connection.

Unfortunately VW Van Centre will not take a look in the current climate as this isn't an emergency.

Help!
Do you have specific SWaP codes active on your infotainment unit?
Sounds like your ANDROID AUTO is not active.
More details here ----> Infotainment Fec/swap

Help!

In the end my local VW dealer re-installed the firmware and it now all works fine (well, kind of - still can't hear music but everything else works).

Reactions: mmi
I have a new 6.1 high line and can't get android auto to connect. Tried new usb c lead, it recognises my samsung a50 but won't connect. Android auto is installed on my phone. I know there have been issues and wondered if there was a fix.
Cheers

I have a new 6.1 high line and can't get android auto to connect. Tried new usb c lead, it recognises my samsung a50 but won't connect. Android auto is installed on my phone. I know there have been issues and wondered if there was a fix.
Cheers

No proper fix yet as far as I know. VW deny there is a problem when you speak to them. Mine is booked in to be checked next week, they need it for two days

Good morning all any help would be appreciated I've a 70 T61 and Android Auto is not working not letting me connect I've attach a pic from the settings menu on the head could this be the issue?

Screenshot_20210319-074124_Gallery.jpg

I've got an up-to-date Google Pixel 3a, it has Android Auto installed, I'm using the original USB cable... but it won't connect. I've tried restarting everything and a different cable.

I'm following the instructions on-screen as well as in the manual, and it's just repeating the same message.

Anyone have a similar problem/solution?

View attachment 57739
I had the same problem I was told by VW Preston to hold down the power button for 20 seconds that will do a hard reset and it worked no problem connecting to Android auto now

Back