T6.1 halogen headlamps are just as poor.

clmlambo

Morning,

I have just took delivery of the new camper from Camperking, very happy with it but it hasn't came with the LED headlights as i thought it would.
Does anyone know where i can purchase these or even if it is possible?

Thanks in advance.

image2.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Did you order it with LEDs? If so, reject the van unless they put it right, LEDs are very expensive to retrofit and the aftermarket lights from THQ, Travellinlite etc will not be LED when they come, they’ll just suggest you use illegal aftermarket lamps in them.

Did you order it with LEDs? If so, reject the van unless they put it right, LEDs are very expensive to retrofit and the aftermarket lights from THQ, Travellinlite etc will not be LED when they come, they’ll just suggest you use illegal aftermarket lamps in them.
Collecting my new van tomorrow, managed to find one in uk stock, colour and spec I wanted minus the LED’s unfortunately. Quite happy to wait until a few aftermarket options appear although I thought they would have a DRL outline? Not so fused about just LED lamp upgrade.

Hi Andy,
We spoke about the LED lights and he mentioned it would have them but nothing was down on paper, I will bell them tomorrow see what options are.

Hi Andy,
We spoke about the LED lights and he mentioned it would have them but nothing was down on paper, I will bell them tomorrow see what options are.
Ah, they were a cost option so if it wasn’t down on the order you might be sol. He may develop amnesia about the conversation when he sees the price.

Collecting my new van tomorrow, managed to find one in uk stock, colour and spec I wanted minus the LED’s unfortunately. Quite happy to wait until a few aftermarket options appear although I thought they would have a DRL outline? Not so fused about just LED lamp upgrade.
HI,
Its the DRL i wanted, the led rather than just the look of half beam on.

Hi All
Having had my van now for a couple of months I have to say in general I can’t fault it apart from the headlights, they are just awful !

Anyone have any ideas on ways to improve them ?
Thanks in advance
Phil

hi all

probably cant see for looking, but is there any upgrades available for the 6.1 halogen monsters
ideally full led after market units, but not vw prices.
dont think i can be bothered going down the bulb replacement route as theres too many things to take apart and fall down into the underbelly of the beast whilst fitting them :) ( again )

kris

hi all

probably cant see for looking, but is there any upgrades available for the 6.1 halogen monsters
ideally full led after market units, but not vw prices.
dont think i can be bothered going down the bulb replacement route as theres too many things to take apart and fall down into the underbelly of the beast whilst fitting them :) ( again )

kris
There aren’t even any aftermarket full LED headlights for the T6 let alone the 6.1. If you don’t want to stump up the big money for OEM VW lights your best bet would be to wait for THQ/Vanstyle/Travelling lite to bring out theirs and then put replacement LED lamps in them.

There aren’t even any aftermarket full LED headlights for the T6 let alone the 6.1. If you don’t want to stump up the big money for OEM VW lights your best bet would be to wait for THQ/Vanstyle/Travelling lite to bring out theirs and then put replacement LED lamps in them.

many thanks mate, i think that was the type of thing i wanted, pretty much most things are better than what i have at present

cheers

Hi All
Having had my van now for a couple of months I have to say in general I can’t fault it apart from the headlights, they are just awful !

Thanks in advance
Phil

Hi, i have a relative in the same trouble, now he is also going to change the headlights to led, and they are worth it, so that it would be clearer i will show how my native led headlights shine ( i can't download the video, i will show you a photo of screenshots from the video ). And to you the closest thing that I found, it can be installed here: KUFATEC
low beam.jpghigh beam.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Hi All

Thanks in advance
Phil
Yes I have. You can improve your halogen headlamps to "OEM LED standard" alike by installing LED projectors. If you go DIY it will cost you approximately £120 :thumbsup:.

• Love
Reactions: mmi
Back