T6.1 aftermarket gloss dash

PaulR83

2020 T32 199 DSG
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I'm on the never ending hunt to improve the interior of my T6.1. Done all the california bits but just seen THQ have got some funky gloss trims coming. Appears to be only LHD. Anyone seen them or have any more details?

That's from the European THQ.

Try the UK website as they generally product launch in the UK first and with RHD versions.

I couldn't see any on there which I thought was odd. Hhhhmmmm.

Last edited:
Yes, just need the part numbers. Think I waited two weeks for all the bits. The cost on the other hand isn't so easy.
The biggest improvement is the radio and dash surround which was about £240.
I need to order a new trim for the drivers side as vw ordered the wrong one without the cutout for the TC switch which was annoying. Will need the correct switch too.

Reactions: MrD
Gloss radio surround, gloss dials surround (and now digi dash), silver trimmed vents, silver trim above glove box, all switches with silver tips. Should have just bought one :rolleyes:

View attachment 192588

View attachment 192589
Gloss radio surround, gloss dials surround (and now digi dash), silver trimmed vents, silver trim above glove box, all switches with silver tips. Should have just bought one :rolleyes:

View attachment 192588

View attachment 192589
Interested to hear how the silver trims on the lower dash is done? Is it a whole new lower dash change?

It's only two trim pieces which are simple to change. One is the bit between the upper and lower glove box, the other goes round under the steering wheel. Think it was about £130 for the pair. Although as I have the wrong one for the drivers side without the cutout I didn't have to buy the chrome lined traction control switch which is about £60 on its own. I tucked mine into the dash.
Best off locating a California on auto trader and going to the dealer with the reg and hope the dealer is helpful. Just be careful though as the two silver trims look similar from a distance. One is called cool brushed which mine is, the other is pewter wave.

@PaulR83 a few variables to consider then. Is the lower dash colour the same across the van models and the California models?

Think they are with the california. All the ones I've seen are, but shuttles are different.
Standard is palladium grey. Shuttles are titan black I think.
Parts I ordered were:
7LH858020 UUX
7LH858903 UUX. This should have been 903B UUX for the one with the switch cut out.

16805538832741551349826830980201.jpg

Think they are with the california. All the ones I've seen are, but shuttles are different.
Standard is palladium grey. Shuttles are titan black I think.
Parts I ordered were:
7LH858020 UUX
7LH858903 UUX. This should have been 903B UUX for the one with the switch cut out.

View attachment 194610
Which part number is the gloss dials surround please.

Part number advice please. I bought a gloss black radio surround for my T6.1 but the aperture is too big. I bought the 7L2 815 705 C assembly pictured below and my standard part was numbered 7L2 815 705D. Does anyone know what part number I should have ordered?
Also now that I have the wrong part. Could I just swop the wrong gloss part of the assembly to the smaller aperture one. It looks like the part number of the larger aperture facia is 7L2 857 038 L 041.

any advice appreciated.

IMG_1669.jpeg

IMG_1673.jpeg

Back