T6.1 acoustic when locking/unlocking?

dj_

Australian Member
T6 Pro
Is there a way to have the T6.1 beep or chirp when I lock and unlock the van? I’m always second guessing myself whether or not I locked the van

I think it’s a Carista option on the T6, so might well work on the facelift.

Reactions: dj_
As T6.1 is on MQB platform (same as Golf MK7) this guide should work for you.

As T6.1 is on MQB platform (same as Golf MK7) this guide should work for you.

Oh so I kinda have to hack the van haha. Does this void any warranty? I’ll look more into this if it’s easy and affordable

Oh so I kinda have to hack the van haha. Does this void any warranty? I’ll look more into this if it’s easy and affordable
Tweak away.
No issues with warranty by switching ON or OFF some features via OBD2 port.

Reactions: mmi
Isn't it illegal now in the UK to have this feature? May be barking up the wrong tree here but seem to have seen it somewhere?
Will it fail the MOT if the tester notice it?

To prevent you annoying the neighbours or other campers on campsites during all hours of the night..most people find it an annoyance being woken up by it.

I check by looking back to see if the mirrors have folded, if they’ve folded I know it’s locked.
Is there a way to automatically fold the mirrors when locking? Right now the only way I know how to do this is by holding the lock button on the key fob for a few seconds. I fiddled with the console settings but doesn't seem to automatically do it every time

Ahh another programming thing thank you!

Reactions: mmi
I don't want a beep every time I lock and unlock, but would like an alert when a door is open when locking. In the last 2 months have managed to lock the van and walk away with tailgate open (hot weather, so tailgate was left open). On one of the occasions we came back 3 hours later to find it open!!

Is it possible to have an audible alert when locking if and only if a door is open? If yes, what is best way to get it activated?

T6.1 T32 204PS DSG 4Motion Highline LWB

Did anyone actually try this? It might be illegal in the UK but I'm pretty sure it isn't illegal here in Australia as I've had previous vehicles that did this new from the factory.

Ok, so I finally decided to have a go at activating this. I did notice for this to work I needed to have another option activated which was related to the horn sound. I believe this is because I think my vehicle doesn't seem to have a factory alarm system. So the only way it can make a beep sound is by using the horn.

It's not bad but it is louder than expected and I can see how this could be annoying to my neighbours when I leave for work at 5am.

I wonder if there is a way of adjusting the horn volume or tone.

You can also add a CAN bus alarm module to the van with siren that will give you audio feedback.

I have the meta easy can fitted.

Uses all the OEM fobs and sensors.

Will notify you if a door or window is open....and sperate siren blip isn't so loud.

Back