Sold T6.1 17” wheels and tyres to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Andyman - are they 255 or 235 tyres please? If they're 235, would you take £350 if I arrange and pay for collection?

EDIT - they are 235, according to the VW spec sheet.

Last edited:
The new wheels will be slightly bigger radius but will 'fit'
Yeah, they'll fit fine, but you hear horror stories of bigger diameter wheels on remapped engines. 235 would be no problem, but would want to check 255

What horror stories??
You know VW online sagas - larger diameter, heavier wheels putting extra strain on the transmission (which has already been altered by the remap). Slower to accelerate, so more power called on pretty much constantly. When folk go to 275's or whatever, I can totally understand it. It can be really noticeable riding different wheels on a push bike, so definitely worth checking.

@boxelder

looking closer at the image, looks like 235
I will try to go look at them at the dealership the weekend but can’t be certain they will be open

I’ll also try to pick them up and bring them home as I called there just now and they said one of the continentals that was replaced when punctured was not replaced with a continental so I want to know what it is
I appreciate it’s the wheels that are being sold but would always be a brilliant bonus that the tyres are great too

7CCFD5A9-97A6-4869-8611-F57BDAAED370.jpeg

@boxelder

looking closer at the image, looks like 235
I will try to go look at them at the dealership the weekend but can’t be certain they will be open

I’ll also try to pick them up and bring them home as I called there just now and they said one of the continentals that was replaced when punctured was not replaced with a continental so I want to know what it is
I appreciate it’s the wheels that are being sold but would always be a brilliant bonus that the tyres are great too

View attachment 112793
Conti don't do those tyres in 255 and the VW spec sheet says 235. Let me know what you'd be happy with £ wise - I'm not hugely fussed if the tyres don't match (unless it's tan wall.....) and would sort carriage.

Yeah, they'll fit fine, but you hear horror stories of bigger diameter wheels on remapped engines. 235 would be no problem, but would want to check 255
Do you realise that the 215, 235 and 255 are not the diameter of 5he tyres?

Do you realise that the 215, 235 and 255 are not the diameter of 5he tyres?
Yes and no......I knew there was a close correlation. So I now know 215/65 would actually give a larger diameter than 235/55 (139.75 to 129.55), but the move from 16" to 17" presumably adds an inch (25.4mm), so the 17's would be about 15mm 'taller'. That right?

Yes and no......I knew there was a close correlation. So I now know 215/65 would actually give a larger diameter than 235/55 (139.75 to 129.55), but the move from 16" to 17" presumably adds an inch (25.4mm), so the 17's would be about 15mm 'taller'. That right?
Near enough! Yes, moving from a 16” rim to a 17” rim can be compensated for by going from a 65 wall to 55 wall! The Speedo will read near enough the same. Personally, I think 235/55 is a good size......but everyone has different tastes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back