T5/T6 Rear Suspension Lift Spacers advice please

Jim Rey

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Just like every other VW T6 campervan conversion the back end of my T6 (after the rock'n'roll bed was fitted) sits lower at the back.

I measure a 40mm difference between the back and front wheels measure from wheel centre to wheel arch. I have T6 T30 '68 plate.

I was wondering if getting T6 Rear Suspension Lift Spacers would help even the front and back out?

This company (link below) do these in various sizes 13mm, 25mm 30mm 38mm 50mm. If it would help I was thinking about the 38mm lifters.
Any advice would be good. I don't really want the expense of new springs and/or coil-overs.

I would go with the 30mm option with your measurements, maybe even 25mm.

The rear arm mountings are in front of the spring, so you get more lift than the actual thickness of the spacer.

Just check that your springs still have some movement in them and aren’t completely compressed. If there’s no movement left a spring upgrade might be a better option.

I would go with the 30mm option with your measurements, maybe even 25mm.

The rear arm mountings are in front of the spring, so you get more lift than the actual thickness of the spacer.

Just check that your springs still have some movement in them and aren’t completely compressed. If there’s no movement left a spring upgrade might be a better option.
Thats very helpful. Thanks

I'm in the same situation as Jim . . .
Do you know if these same spacers will work on a T6.1?
Cheers

I'm in the same situation as Jim . . .
Do you know if these same spacers will work on a T6.1?
Cheers
The T6.1 is the same as all other vans on the rear so yes they will work , personally i dont like those small diameter spacers as the spring can flex past the pigtail point when hitting bad bumps , the original large diameter upper seat is big for a reason . we use identical diameter spacer as the VW original mount this means the spring cant be stressed beyond the pigtail and bottoms out where its supposed to .

There is a Motion ratio that comes into play as Chris is trying to explain , this means a 20 mm spacer will actually have closer to 30 mm effect because the spacer is fitted in board of the wheel hub .

Ill try to post a pic of what i mean

Back