T5 Caravelle rear Slide-Out module, extended space for sleeping

It's a clever idea and nice engineering. Looking to add additional sleeping to our caravelle. However, I think a roof bed would be a better option. Just waiting for a company to come up with a solution and pictures and of course the all important quote.

Bed on the roof would be a good solution, but only if you don't need to go to the bathroom at night (from my point of view, :geek:)

Whats it made out of? Would it be waterproof and stand the test of time? I imagine the noise in the rear sace when extended will be worse than if the bed was contained in the original van.

Nice concept but trying to have a rear extending pod will always eat into the internal space.

Whats it made out of? Would it be waterproof and stand the test of time? I imagine the noise in the rear sace when extended will be worse than if the bed was contained in the original van.

If you mean a noise at night during the sleep, it probably doesn't make sense because we're leaving open side windows (with a mosquito net of course).
There's no roof vent on the roof on this car.
The main structural parts are made of 21 mm plywood ( cut on the CNC laser) and painted with acrylic . External parts have been cut on CNC routers from Aluminium Composite Panels 3 mm..

Nice concept but trying to have a rear extending pod will always eat into the internal space.
The side walls do not eat a lot of space, and there is a large, 1-meter deep drawer under the moving module.

The whole concept of putting something outside the van to get wet with either rain or condensation or dew and then store it back inside the van doesn't appeal to me.

Looks great though.

The whole concept of putting something outside the van to get wet with either rain or condensation or dew and then store it back inside the van doesn't appeal to me.
Please take a closer look at the photos, the slideout module protected from the rain of by the opened rear door . The condensate is usually inside, so we keep the windows open. We are waking up not early than 8 o'clock , so dew is already drying up on the aluminum panel surface.
I never put the wet slideout back (although this summer was a lot of rain in Norway and Germany).

Looks great though.
Thanks.
The slideout when pulled back does not require additional support arm, the weight of the adult will withstand calm (even sitting on the edge).
Calculated: The weight of the movable part is about 53 kg, the whole structure is about 102 kg.

But:
-It sounds strange, but the module was too long. When extended the bed is 250 cm in length, there is a lot. The module will have to be shortened to 190 cm, while the second seat row can be fitted with a refrigerator. Plus, the bearing rail will be shorter. The weight will be reduced, though not in principle.
-it has to be made back door (inside) easier and simpler. The door made an opening, with locks, gaskets. In fact, the door had never been required to be opened during travel. So it can be fixed.

Hi Rudd255

I did it once for my VW. VW already exchanged to another LCV, so slideout for sale.

wow thats another way to do things. Wouldnt do it for me as unsealed so cold inside..also yes its protected from vertical rain, but i've never once seen vertical rain..

Where do you live, have you any idea how much you would want for it?
:) I'm in Russia...
Strange coincidence, but today since morning one called and already agreed to take it away. And it is strange because the offer on sale hung on a forum since August, 2018...

Back