T5 Alive

Mattbluebus

A friend of mine is probably going to have some work done by T5 Alive who I think are somewhere around Lincolnshire. I’m interested too, anyone heard of them or had work done, feedback??

I live in Lincolnshire.
Can't say that I have heard of them but that's not to say they don't exist.

A friend of mine is probably going to have some work done by T5 Alive who I think are somewhere around Lincolnshire. I’m interested too, anyone heard of them or had work done, feedback??

No not in Lincolnshire, they are in Newbury , Berks I think

Looks like an "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all" yes to me?

On the plus side after only just over three years we now know that T5 Alive exists and is an "he"...

I’ve debated on posting a true account of the dealings I’ve had with Simon but decided to warn others of his unprofessionalism.

If you want something doing right I’d avoid like the plague! comms are poor & make sure you can see pics of stuff your buying before travelling, condition not what I was told.

Had Caravelle seats /rails fitted nearly a month ago, the passenger seat is electric and haven’t been able to use due to upright, high position, part arrived today to allegedly solve issue but fitted & still doesn’t work! I am now going to have to pay an auto electrician to diagnose & fix.

Rail covers scratched to bits, floor doesn’t fit right and creeks / cracks, and has gaps. I’ve had to have the rails modified after fitting to sort issue of clips constantly popping out.

We had spoke about fitting the wiring for the heated seats, Simon said he needed a switch kit, didn’t have this when arrived.
May as well have normal seats.

He said I could use his TPS discount for bigger steps needed, ended up ordering these direct from VW and collecting. The steps I bought to suit the Caravelle floor stop short each end which looks rubbish, this is because the Velle has plastic trimming on A & B pillars which I don’t..

Said he would sort some paperwork/ receipt out, still waiting…

The time I have taken sending texts/calls, locating, collecting parts, fiddling either seats & floor, finding auto spark etc I could have bought a Velle!

I have since spoken to others who were equally unimpressed with his service, wish I would have done my homework!

Last edited:
I would seriously think twice before using T5 Alive - happy to discuss it with anyone, but the guy Simon Bishell, advertised a 'new heated swivel T6 passenger seat, bricks' - which I still have, over a grand shipped. Told me it was taken new from a Caravelle (lie), so a factory swivel, it swivels the wrong way so cannot turn because of the door pillar. In response he told me that in fact it was taken from a left hand drive, so I would need to grind part of the mechanism!!!! He sent me two images via whatsapp. To top it off, the heating element does not even work. As soon as I pointed out both of these issues he stopped answering his calls or replying to messages. Whether he knew the heating did not work, I don't know, but he has just ripped me off as he clearly knew the seat was not 'new taken straight from a Caravelle' - my mechanic is appalled at his suggestion, and looking at it further the seat has been added to the base, so the seat is a passenger seat because of the seatbelt location, but the factory swivel is from the opposing side. How can anyone with a company knowingly rip off someone?

Back