IestynD

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I thought it was time I updated this thread, I'll reference this thread in a number of other forum sections, for example the recommend a business one and maybe later the suspension one. So, if you have stumbled upon this from another a link... welcome, wherever I’ve put a link I’ve started that section with a heading so please feel free to skip to it.

I LOVE MY VAN. I have not owned a van before, I'm not even a “trades man” although looking in my garage you wouldn’t think that.

The van eventually came back from the stealers, who had put things right with it – New disks and pads all round, new battery, oil, some work on the parking sensors, and cleared the airbag warning light. No apology, no acknowledgment it had caused is an inconvenience or sullied our buying experience!

We added a splash of colour in the front by way of an orange garland purchased from “campermart”. We wanted other VW camper owners to wave at us – it only blooming worked!!! We now get a good number waving at us – the wife and kids love it (me also).

Last edited:
Interior - VANWORX

Next step was to get the van to vanworx for some tlc. This is list of work we had done at Vanworx:

Supply and fit curtains (kind of wish we’d have held out for the blind pods)

Webasto diesel heater with remote (this is amazing)

Leisure battery with various USB and 12v outlets

LED spot lights in ceiling

Swivel base to driver and passenger seat

Full sound deadening front and rear (inc front floor, rear floor, front doors, front headlining and all rear load space

Alcantara headlining

Multirail

Led lights in tailgate

Full carpet lining

The van was with vanworx for about 10 days to get all that done. There were some teething problems with the diesel heater fitting and vanworx were very apologetic and helpful in getting them resolved. They even delivered the van back to me on Oxford.

So, the vans back, and it didn’t really look much different and the usability hadn’t changed that much – after all it was still just a van, with 5 seats and a load space – all be it, the interior was immaculate and sounds much quieter!

VANWORX - Cab Sound proofing

VANWORX Rear SoundProofing

VANWORX Sliding door sound proofing

VANWORX Diesel heater controls and blower

VANWORX USB and LED light switch
LED lights

VANWORX tailgate lights

Interior - Amdro

Amdro! - We looked around, read posts and really mulled over how to make the van a day van first, but then a camper van for long weekends and summer holidays.

I think the Amdro unit is brilliant. It arrived on a single pallet and took all of 30 minutes to install it. If ever I want the van as a van it will only take 10 minutes to take it all out. There is still lots of space with the kitchen/bench pod being tucked to the side of the boot.

Hopefully the pictures show the interior feature of the van off well. The Amdro unit, seems expensive but I can honestly say, the bed is comfy and the day van kitchen and bench gets used an awful lot. Fish and chips in the back of the van with a fresh cup of tea is a dream day for us.

The mattress on the double bed is comfy, as a bench seat its very comfy, the water tank works great for kids juice, cups of tea or washing pots...

Amdro Bed set up - as you can see it hangs on the back of the Kombi bench seat, takes up very little room. We opted for the double bed, they do a 3 seat one, which is a full width bed, however we usually plan on not having that 3rd back seat in.

It folds flat with the seats
Then unfolds

Its very quick and takes about 3 minutes to make a bed and 3 minutes to put the bed away

The Amdro Kitchen pod, is brilliant, it comes with the cooker, the water storage and pump, as well as optionally the cusions which are used on the bed.

Very strong, some excellent design features such as the slide out gas canister shelf.
The Amdro unit is a really clever unit in my opinion. The table leg clips nicely behind the back seats (the other big black bag in the picture is the Cabunks - more on them later). The leg has a base plate mounted as part of the Kitchen pod so no van drilling required:

Lots of storage under the bench seat - the boxes that come with the Amdro kit are perfectly sized, as in made to measure, the fit under the Kombi seats - I bought 2 more for that reason.

I thought it was time I updated this thread, I'll reference this thread in a number of other forum sections, for example the recommend a business one and maybe later the suspension one. So, if you have stumbled upon this from another a link... welcome, wherever I’ve put a link I’ve started that section with a heading so please feel free to skip to it.

I LOVE MY VAN. I have not owned a van before, I'm not even a “trades man” although looking in my garage you wouldn’t think that.

The van eventually came back from the stealers, who had put things right with it – New disks and pads all round, new battery, oil, some work on the parking sensors, and cleared the airbag warning light. No apology, no acknowledgment it had caused is an inconvenience or sullied our buying experience!

We added a splash of colour in the front by way of an orange garland purchased from “campermart”. We wanted other VW camper owners to wave at us – it only blooming worked!!! We now get a good number waving at us – the wife and kids love it (me also).
Same as ....my first van but love it.......I’ve done little bits to the van but there are experts that are more qualified to do the other bits ....are so that’s the trick get a garland :thumbsup:... ( I’ve got Bam the ram in me window I get a few smiles )
Enjoy

The van still doesn’t have a name – Any suggestions would be most welcome!

Still to come... suspension upgrades (my visit to CRS performance, good or bad!! and of course the Cabunk double cab bunk beds.

Any questions comments, I'll do my best to answer them.

@CRS Performance .. did my suspension upgrade ..really good service and knowledge...Not named mine but if you have a colour or theme in the van work round that perhaps ....the Wife calls mine ..Expensive.

and just like that she's got a name!

Cilla....:D:D:D
:mexican wave:

I've still got to do a suspension write up and review the "Cabunk" - double cab bunk beds.

As soon as time permits I'll get to it.
Also, i think first camping trip has been scuppered by a virus, apparently its quite serious!

and just like that she's got a name!

Cilla....:D:D:D
:mexican wave:

I've still got to do a suspension write up and review the "Cabunk" - double cab bunk beds.

As soon as time permits I'll get to it.
Also, i think first camping trip has been scuppered by a virus, apparently its quite serious!
Well hello Cilla... I hope you have. Allora Allora laughs :):)

Back