T5.1 gloss black front end + mirror mounts

BlayneKinley

T5.1
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Evening all. I’m after a little help with changing the front end and mirror mounts on my 2015 VW T5.1

I currently have installed on my van the front badge, top grille and sportline bumper all with gloss black inserts that I have purchased as aftermarket parts online. I am currently struggling to find a gloss black version of the below grille I have circled in the image. Has anyone managed to source the exact same grille in gloss black? I have only found aftermarket the grille in honeycomb which IMO I don’t like the look of it.

94E0BC74-FE6E-4027-BF4A-6BEB34BF7374.jpeg

A few local paint shops have advised me that spraying this in gloss “wouldn’t give me the finish that I’m after”. Unsure if this is them turning the job down politely or not but I’ve a couple garages to still visit but thought it would be cheaper to purchase the item aftermarket if available.

Second part to my post is the mirror mounts in gloss. Again I have circled in an image below. I believe these are available with the executive model but I cannot find these online. Does anyone have part numbers for these or aftermarket options available that I cannot locate.

11D908A9-8FBD-4800-9169-8BD4CCB274A5.jpeg

As above I would be happy to get these sprayed if I can find a garage local to me happy to do it but thought purchasing the items would / may be cheaper. Any spray garages reccomened near Southampton from anyone?

The middle bit of the bumper is bonded so can’t be brought separately. It can be glossed out in black in situ.

The mirror bodies are best stripped and painted - we do loads of these.

Thanks @BognorMotors

You guys are about an hour down the road from me as I’ve visited previously to have coilovers fitted (top job may I add). To do the above works how long would you need my van for?

For a quote on the above are you happy to respond with a price or should I drop Simon an email as this is who I’ve previously had correspondence with? Or DM on here which ever is easier?

Thanks in advance

Good to hear the positive feedback. Drop Simon an email would be best.

Back