T5.1 external sliding door handle not working

DamoT5

Hi everyone. I am looking for some advice regarding a issue with my left sliding door on my 2013 t5.1. The external handle no longer opens the door. The internal still works although its a bit temperamental. I searched various forums and gathered enough information to be able to remove door card and got to a stage where the lock mechanism was ready to be pulled down but just will not budge. I gave up in the end. On inspection when external door handle was pulled the lever seemed to be pulling everything as it should but nothing was happening in the locking mechanism. Does this lever push something on top of the locking mechanism to pull the cable to open the door? I'm going to give it another go. It seems like it could be something inside the locking mechanism that is an issue and not the lever mechanism. Any help would be appreciated

Greetings, did you get any joy resolving this issue? Mine has just started with this, came on to see if it was an issue anyone else had.
Going to remove the handle 1st to make sure this is engaging properly and go from there.

Hi
Yes managed to remove internal door locking mechanism. Then opened that up to find that a small piece of plastic had broken off a slide runner for a arm inside the mechanism. This was non repairable so had to source a replacement mechanism. Its possible that you could have same issue. Its a frustrating fiddly job. I had the additional issue of the door card was completely carpeted so had to cut carpet on door and source replacement door card which was carpeted. I now have easy access if same happens in future.

Ahh not good then, I will start to have a look for the door mechanism now to get ahead of the inevitable, you don't happen to have the part number available?
I've recently carpet lined and insulated, so have clips on the door card, so access shouldn't be an issue.
Thanks for the help

7E0843653AL
That is the part number that was on my door mechanism.
This is the site I got it from
But the link is not working for some reason.
I believe there are several versions.
Let me know if you need any advice if I can help I will
I’ve had a similar problem but only when it’s cold.The handle outside won’t work but if you press the button down on the inside handle and then press the key fob it unlocks.
it’s in the dealers at the moment having all the niggly little issues sorting out before the warranty runs ou in a couple of months.
I haven’t got it back yet but they tell me they have replaced the near side sliding door carrier.

Back