T5. 1 Drl Only One Side Working - Not Bulbs.

teamfly

McLife Sentence
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi helping a friend with his t5. 1, only one side drl working but bulbs (led ) are OK.
Any ideas? Fuses OK so far as we can see

If you are changing standard to LED and one side doesn’t work swap the lamps in the side that does work to prove the lamp is ok, if it is try swapping the wires in the lamp holder on the affected side sometimes they are back to front from the factory which doesn’t affect filament lamps but LED won’t work with reverse polarity

Thanks, tried both lamps both sides .Had been working OK until now , had assumed blown bulb but not.

May need plugging in and any fault codes resetting, I remember someone on here (in a T6 so may not apply) had a similar issue and the van cut power to the drl on one side until a fault had been cleared from memory then it fired up again ??

Could try a battery disconnect ?

Did this get sorted? I have N/S daytime light off. Bulbs and both fuses are ok.
Hi mate what was the outcome on the drl please mine will both come on but when switched off after the delay the n/s drl will stay on I have changed the drl driver/harness worked for 2weeks back the same it’s doing my head in very fastly swapped the n/s drl to the o/s works perfectly hope you can give me a answer thanks mate

Mine turned out to be a problem with the connectors on the actual headlight had melted/burnt out.
VW wouldn't help as outside warranty. I think it was a manufacturing fault as VW have now changed the connector.
I have just disconnected the DRL and fitted aftermarket DRL.

Reactions: mmi
Hi mate what was the outcome on the drl please mine will both come on but when switched off after the delay the n/s drl will stay on I have changed the drl driver/harness worked for 2weeks back the same it’s doing my head in very fastly swapped the n/s drl to the o/s works perfectly hope you can give me a answer thanks mate
Auto Electrician had to Rewire the feed. All good now

Reactions: mmi
Back