T32 - your reasons why?

Thread resurrection!

Does anyone put their kombi through their ltd co as a purely biz use vehicle and also have access to a private vehicle (which in my case would be the wife's car which I'm insured on)?

My kombi will be 90% biz miles and can prove milage if I ever got checked, and just wondered by having access to a private car helps matters or whether it's irrelevant?

That's exactly the situation I'm in. As long as you can prove the mileage I can't see a problem. Access to a second car would only be relevant if the HMRC came calling. I cycle everywhere when at home , so I don't even do local trips in the van, and I'm not allowed to use the van at the tip so the van can stay on the drive for days at a time. Sorry I'm waffling, prove your miles, that's all the insurance and tax man are bothered about.

My mate has a work pickup (landscaper) which he has listed as business use only. The tax man has done an inspection on him in the past and he could show he had access to other vehicles for private use and never used the pickup outside of business hours or for non business use.

My mate has a work pickup (landscaper) which he has listed as business use only. The tax man has done an inspection on him in the past and he could show he had access to other vehicles for private use and never used the pickup outside of business hours or for non business use.
Good to know. Did they pick through his milage with a fine tooth combe?

he keeps a logbook in his van, every time he goes to site (clients house / premises) he just jots it down with the date. That way he can prove he goes to multiple sites a day which justifies his mileage and there is no way for them to prove he 'has' used it for personal usage unless they actually catch him in the act, which they won't as he genuinely doesn't use it for private use. His office is next door to his house so he just walks to and from home.

Total car check ,,, free app on phone.

Back