T32 - your reasons why?

I preferred a T30 to make things like MOT's a bit easier - but it wasn't a big deal either way.
My van was listed on the dealers website as a T32 and the spec was what I wanted. When I got there it turned out to be a T30, but I bought it anyway.

T32 has the big brakes on front as 3200 KG max vehicle weight. I know that it is a massive difference regarding only 200 KG increase on T30. As previous photos from Teesixy these are the smaller front brake assembly. The T32 has a calliper plus disk that is aprox 5 mm from a 17 inch wheel internal. The T5.2 180 BITDI 4 motion was down rated because of the transmission weight from a T32 to T30. And because of the increase in weight due to the 140 and more KG added to the 4 Motion platform, the van then received the smaller front brakes bugg-r. On the New T6 the 204 BITDI 4 Motion has been somehow upgraded to now T32 level which includes the T32 big brakes on the front. To All, the T 5.2 Sportline 180 was always based on the T32 platform i.e. big front brakes, as T32 3200 KG MAX VEHICLE WEIGHT. I will say one more thing as previous post, the pads and disks are way more expensive as a lot bigger and more affective.

The T32 204 is the only new van as i know that is now fitted with the big front brakes, apart from the new up to this point 180 T6 proto type/cashing in!VW SPORTLINE.
I have a funny feeling that the new sportline T6 if not on the new launch will be shortly boasting a V6 diesel power plant like the Amarok. I also have my fingers crossed on this inside info as said they are not sure but very possible in there words :whistle:. I don't think it will happen but you never know. As i know that the new 260 BHP V6 in the Amorok is a weapon regards its previous 180 BITDI. So VW are getting there regards power on van centers. My family car is a SQ5 3.0 BITDI and i know they won't go to that level of power, as a T6 would have to be 4 motion full stop and would hit the nearest tree on a straight road LOL;)

Mines the same as @StudleyGlass has said... T32 150 with the bigger brakes, tbh they are almost too strong for an empty van, you don't press the brake peddle you 'touch' it.
The first time I used the brakes on the way back from the dealership we nearly shot through the windscreen!

Mines the same as @StudleyGlass has said... T32 150 with the bigger brakes, tbh they are almost too strong for an empty van, you don't press the brake peddle you 'touch' it.
The first time I used the brakes on the way back from the dealership we nearly shot through the windscreen!
I second that, I have the 180 T32 and I have to lovingly caress the brake pedal like a gentle lover to ensure it does not do stoppie at the traffic lights.

I'm considering a transporter as a replacement for my A6 Avant. We have 3 children who we now struggle to squeeze into my car when we go anywhere. I own 2 Ltd companies but been categorically told by my accountant that I won't get away with a T32 Kombi as a BIK as a van.

Considering it still under a personal basis as I simply love them! Anyone done a PCP on a Kombi for personal use?

What do you do @Tom James ? If you are a builder then fine, you'd clearly be able to demonstrate your need and use of such a vehicle; but on the other hand if you're a office based financial advisor, you and your accountant are going to struggle getting it "through the business", and lots of accountants will just say no. I work in the television industry and can show how it is 100% business use (honest gov).

We have a financial services business and an estate agency. I was looking to put it through the estate agency as it's VAT registered. Have it wrapped in the EA livery and claim it used for delivering leaflets/FS boards. Which when you say it out loud isn't very convincing!!

The livery will certainly help, but I know (according to my accountant) that a lot of accountants and their clients have had their knuckles wrapped by HMRC over putting Kombi's and pick ups through their business'. There was period a few years ago of an awful lot of "men in suits" going from 4x4's to high spec Amoroks etc.

Lets face it, the HMRC will do anything to get a few quid off the small business'.

I'm considering a transporter as a replacement for my A6 Avant. We have 3 children who we now struggle to squeeze into my car when we go anywhere. I own 2 Ltd companies but been categorically told by my accountant that I won't get away with a T32 Kombi as a BIK as a van.

Considering it still under a personal basis as I simply love them! Anyone done a PCP on a Kombi for personal use?
Your having a laugh try used a Classic mini like we did for years, only changed for a bigger car because my oldest son got too tall for the back seat. It not the car that needs changing its the crap every one seems to think they need when they go out.

I had an Audi A6 avant, on a PCP, which was traded in for my T32. I however am not a business owner it is my own personal family motor. The only reason I have a T32 is because it was an ex-demo and had all the stuff on it that I wanted. I therefore can offer no advice over tax.
What I would offer is my opinion of PCP's. I have been engaged in these for the past 6 years or so, and have grown to hate them. They are great if you want to get in a new vehicle every couple of years, but they cost a lot and you don't end up with anything from them. I had become so disenfranchised by them that I took a £1000 hit in trading the A6. However, they do have there good points in so much as taking a PCP often gets you a better deal from the stealer as they get a big incentive from VW Financial Services, a bit of which they will pass back to you. What I did with my van was take it on a PCP to get the deal I wanted, and then paid it off the very next day!

Have you asked about lease with buy back option. They offer good rates on this and you could put it through your company and only pay the vat on the payments and deposit .

What line of work are you in?

Mines a T32, but bit of an accidental purchase. I'm a private user, it replaced my car.

Ended up pulling out of a brilliant deal one month before on a low mileage T30, due to a bit of a financial rethink.

In between times a mate with a camper conversion said think about a DSG (I drove a DSG Audi A4), so I did, and I'm glad I stuck with DSG. Found a van with the right spec in the right colour and jumped in feet first - did even think about T32 implications.

I don't need the load rating, might need it if I convert to camper. Maybe investigate downplating to avoid Class 7 MOT and higher load rated tyres, but it's not an issue right now.

Still enjoying the versatility - a genuine Sports Utilty Vehicle.

When I got my Kombi I asked the dealer regarding bik. Not a clue. The only reason why I know so much about this issue is that when I got my Peugeot expert crew van my account asked hmrc how to tax this van for bik. They came back with tax it as a car.

However, I sent pictures of the van to the hmrc showing the internal racking, gas bottle holders, vice, roof rack and ladders along with a letter explaining that these extras were not normally included on a company car. They agreed and I received a refund. The van is now a van for bik.

Moral of my story, accountants and ye hmrc don't have a clue on these kind of vans. If you can prove that at the time of construction that the vans primary use is to carry tools a d materials to jobs then it is a van!

On another note, my wife and I purchased a t32. Kombi from Swiss vans and I don't even use the Peugeot any more, why would i. Even the flat rate van tax I paid was £120 a month and is going up. I now give this to the wife and it enabled us to change the caddy maxi van to a new 140 kombi in grey. I won't buy another car again. The best van I've ever had

Back