T32 - Wheels, Suspension and Lowering

Dundrummin

Right I know F-all about this so please go gently....

So, basically I have a T6 T32 Kombi that I want to put some bigger alloy wheels on, it currently has the original 16" Steels. Also as I understand it if you lower it a bit it can look better the way the wheels then sit in the arches. I don't want to go really low as I do a lot of driving round rutted lake tracks but just want it to look right. At the same time is it also possible to make the ride a bit softer on a T32 when changing the suspension and kill two birds with one stone?

Any advice much appreciated because as I said it's all new to me.

Only other thing......does changing the wheel size screw with the speedometer reading?

Right I know F-all about this so please go gently....

So, basically I have a T6 T32 Kombi that I want to put some bigger alloy wheels on, it currently has the original 16" Steels. Also as I understand it if you lower it a bit it can look better the way the wheels then sit in the arches. I don't want to go really low as I do a lot of driving round rutted lake tracks but just want it to look right. At the same time is it also possible to make the ride a bit softer on a T32 when changing the suspension and kill two birds with one stone?

Any advice much appreciated because as I said it's all new to me.

Only other thing......does changing the wheel size screw with the speedometer reading?
Thanks @JOG for the shout out.

@Dundrummin this is definitely something I can help you with, I’ll send you a DM with some ideas and we can discuss in more detail if you would like to.

is it also possible to make the ride a bit softer on a T32 when changing the suspension and kill two birds with one stone?

To answer your questions;
Yes, better shock absorbers and springs can make for more comfortable ride, especially in a T32 with its stronger springs (to cope with a higher load).

Yes, bigger wheels will affect the speedo reading, resulting in underread. However this is only if the wheels are actually larger - a lot of wheel and tyre upgrades fall within the same circumference as standard wheels, meaning the tyre wall gets thinner as the alloy gets bigger; this generally results in a harsher ride!

Back