Just fitted these Navis MAC-AT 17" wheels to my T32 4 Motion, they are 8.5 wide and load rated. Fitted with Cooper Discoverer ATT 235/60R17 tyres on standard suspension.

Tyres were fitted by Transporter HQ with 10% off using their Black Friday discount and delivered within the week, black bolts included - fantastic service.

View attachment 138846
Absolutely love this. I get my 225 60 17 Discoverers fitted next Wednesday.

OK, so I’ve read the entire thread, really interesting if somewhat of a minefield! I have been planning to fit OEM 18” Cali wheels to my 2023 T32 204, fwd Kombi, specifically the Teresina wheel but I’m having a real issue finding out if they’re load rated to 860kg. Even my VW dealer can’t confirm. I’ve not seen any Cali wheels on this thread and that might explain it. Does anyone know what the Cali (and specifically Teresina) wheels are rated to? Cheers

IMG_0154.jpeg

Surely if they are OEM they will be the correct load rating for a T32. All wheels have the load rating marked on the rear. If they are OEM the part number should provide the size and load rating.

Thanks for replying but it’s not that simple. Not all Californias are based on a T32. Also, I don’t have an actual wheel to see if there’s a stamp on the back. I do have the part no. but no luck with with google nor my dealer in establishing the load rating. It’s as if the info just doesn’t exist which is odd. I suspect they aren't rated for T32, which is why you don’t see them on a Transporter. Hopefully, someone here knows the answer.

I don't believe that OEM wheels are stamped with the load rating anyway. However, it is odd that there is so little information about them!
They should be suitable as @RobertO2023 suggests but obviously "should" isn't enough...
Can @Loz shed any light? I know he has written a few things on the California forum about wheels.

I’ll stand corrected that not all OEM wheels have the max load cast into the alloy. Just that my several years of OEM VW wheel's have had the max load displayed on the rear

IMG_0518.jpeg

I’ll stand corrected that not all OEM wheels have the max load cast into the alloy. Just that my several years of OEM VW wheel's have had the max load displayed on the rear
It did seem odd but it was stated in a post that I read regarding the California wheels and my own experience of (just) the Devonport backed that up.
Reading on, it seems that some are but not all.
Maybe it's down to the manufacturer? The Devonports are made by Borbet, are some VW wheels made other manufacturers?

@Breadvanman
There is a set on eBay. Guess you have seen them and asked the question?
Yes, I’d seen these wheels, absolute bargain for someone, the wheels alone from VW are around £3k. I’ve messaged the seller and he’s confirmed the axle load is 1,600kg so no good for a T32 unfortunately. Really helpful seller fwiw. Thanks for your help all.

That’s a shame even though the seller has the correct tyres. The tyres have more loads rating than the wheel! Good luck.

I’ve messaged the seller and he’s confirmed the axle load is 1,600kg so no good for a T32 unfortunately. Really helpful seller fwiw. Thanks for your help all.
Interesting, VW quote 1620/1575kg for the California!
It's unusual that an OEM wheel won't cover all models but, as you said, maybe that's why it's not an option on Transporters.

IMG_4868.jpeg

Have them on our velle which i thought were all T32 ?

These will be available soon as looking at some Kato’s if you’re interested @Breadvanman ? the tyres would get you home but i think are 3-4mm

Back