T32 supplied with 102 tyres.. dealer says fine but VW HQ say otherwise..

Just about to give the van a wash (a T32 Kombi 69 plate) and looked at my tyre size and ratings,
I bought the van in December 2022 from a VW dealer in Dorset, I know the history of the van shows VW lowered it (changed the springs), refurbed the wheels and replaced the rear two tyres prior to me buying it.
Are the rear tyres (98W) grossly under rated?
I've just spent the last few weekends relocating house contents in the van, so some fairly substantial loads!

20230218_093030.jpg

20230218_093015.jpg

Just about to give the van a wash (a T32 Kombi 69 plate) and looked at my tyre size and ratings,
I bought the van in December 2022 from a VW dealer in Dorset, I know the history of the van shows VW lowered it (changed the springs), refurbed the wheels and replaced the rear two tyres prior to me buying it.
Are the rear tyres (98W) grossly under rated?
I've just spent the last few weekends relocating house contents in the van, so some fairly substantial loads!

View attachment 188826

View attachment 188827
@murphyabu - Oli from @BognorMotors in post 32 gives the answer:
You are uninsured with these tyres. They need to be 103 for a t32. Your axle rating reflects this.

It really is that simple.

Just to update, I provided a detailed explanation to the dealer based on commentary here and a couple of useful websites and they have agreed to have the tyres replaced within the same day, really impressive.

@BognorMotors if I may, do you still recommend the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 tyres at 265/40 being a good tyre and the optimum size?

Thanks

Back