T32 springs wanted & suspension upgrade to T28

Andrew Drage

Dear T6 forum users

I know there have been multiple posts about this, but most have resulted in a sale or purchase.

I have a 2017 t28 fully converted camper and with the introduction of a dog and a baby and all the paraphernalia the rear is sagging more than I would like and has affected ride quality & handling.

I have looked into b14s but can’t have them as I have an underslung lpg tank which restricts lowered to a max of 20mm. I do however need to improve the ride when both laden and not as it’s really terrible. My proposed uogrades are are follows

- bilstein b6 green comfort dampers (chilly Jam Vans)
- powerflex bushes
- H&R Anti Roll Bars
- second hand t32 rear springs to balance out the sag)

1. Does anyone have some t32 springs - bought some off eBay and they are mismatched and rusting!
2. Are there any springs (new or used) which would offer a stiffer setup at the rear but without lowering more than 20mm, also not keen on a lift kit unless this would offer a significantly more comfortable ride? (My off-roading is limited to campsites pitches

3. Does anyone have a similar / identical setup and how significant will the improvement be from Stock t28 setup?

thanks in advance

Andy

Dear T6 forum users

I know there have been multiple posts about this, but most have resulted in a sale or purchase.

I have a 2017 t28 fully converted camper and with the introduction of a dog and a baby and all the paraphernalia the rear is sagging more than I would like and has affected ride quality & handling.

I have looked into b14s but can’t have them as I have an underslung lpg tank which restricts lowered to a max of 20mm. I do however need to improve the ride when both laden and not as it’s really terrible. My proposed uogrades are are follows

- powerflex bushes
- H&R Anti Roll Bars

1. Does anyone have some t32 springs - bought some off eBay and they are mismatched and rusting!
2. Are there any springs (new or used) which would offer a stiffer setup at the rear but without lowering more than 20mm, also not keen on a lift kit unless this would offer a significantly more comfortable ride? (My off-roading is limited to campsites pitches

3. Does anyone have a similar / identical setup and how significant will the improvement be from Stock t28 setup?

thanks in advance

Andy
Hi Andy. Not sure why Bilstein B 6 are the go to choice for shocks ..? They are a very stiff technology and the Koni Special actives give a far better result and we have sold hundreds of sets to members on this forum . To get the rear back to normal you don’t need heavy duty springs as they take away comfort. You simply need spring distance spacers and they aren’t expensive. This combo will level your van and give you the best ride you could imagine.if budget allows updated ARB s are a good thing in campers , no need to do bushes unless mileage is high ..

Hi Andy. Not sure why Bilstein B 6 are the go to choice for shocks ..? They are a very stiff technology and the Koni Special actives give a far better result and we have sold hundreds of sets to members on this forum . To get the rear back to normal you don’t need heavy duty springs as they take away comfort. You simply need spring distance spacers and they aren’t expensive. This combo will level your van and give you the best ride you could imagine.if budget allows updated ARB s are a good thing in campers , no need to do bushes unless mileage is high ..
Thanks so much for this reply. I have read many of your comments on other threads and am very grateful…

Would it matter that the b6’s are the green comfort dampers? Not the sport versions? If I were to go for these, what springs would you recommend or are you saying to maintain stock springs and use the spacers as described? Think I can stretch to the ARBs, won’t bother with the bushes then. Thanks again

Excellent response

Thanks so much for this reply. I have read many of your comments on other threads and am very grateful…

Would it matter that the b6’s are the green comfort dampers? Not the sport versions? If I were to go for these, what springs would you recommend or are you saying to maintain stock springs and use the spacers as described? Think I can stretch to the ARBs, won’t bother with the bushes then. Thanks again
Go to the Bilstein web site. Not a dealer web site. there is no mention of the green shocks. , they might be specials made for a third part like the B14 is. ,( that isn’t on the Bilstein web site either ) they will never give the ride that the Koni Special actives do , these Koni shocks have a patented technology that senses road conditions and adapts to the road , simply brilliant and are used in vehicles like Lamborghini Aston Martin. Mclaren. Etc etc

Last edited:
Go to the Bilstein web site. Not a dealer web site. there is no mention of the green shocks. , they might be specials made for a third part like the B14 is. ,( that isn’t on the Bilstein web site either ) they will never give the ride that the Koni Special actives do , these Koni shocks have a patented technology that senses road conditions and adapts to the road , simply brilliant and are used in vehicles like Lamborghini Aston Martin. Mclaren. Etc etc
Okay, noted and will take your advice. Do you think there’s any mileage in changing springs at all then?

Only change springs to lower ride height , No performance or comfort gain in springs. . We do often substitute T28 springs in a T32 to help comfort however as the standard T 32 is hard due to load carrying capacity

Got a brand new set of t32 springs removed from my van when having pre delivery inspection, had 30mm lower springs fitted

Dear T6 forum users

- powerflex bushes
- H&R Anti Roll Bars

thanks in advance

Andy
Don't know if your sorted with this but I have full set of t32 sus and springs pm me

Back