Day-Van: T32 Or T30 ?

Whitty

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi All,

What's the best option out of T32 & T30 for a general day van ? Understand that the T32 has a higher load capacity but is it overkill for what I need as it will never be fully loaded. Would the ride be too harsh ?

Regards

Only get a T32 if you need to get your Vat back. No other reason to subject yourself to the suspension that I can see.

You also have a reduced range of wheels/tyres on a T32.

Pete

On the T5 it used to be the 180's got the biggest brakes regardless of weight capacity, however on my 2015 180 T30 I have "normal" brakes not the twin pots so perhaps they're only on the T32 Sportlines now?

Another factor to consider is the T32 requires a Class 7 MOT so you can't take it to your normal car MOT place - My principal reason for a T30 - I wouldn't want to use the Class 7 places around here!!

Only get a T32 if you need to get your Vat back. No other reason to subject yourself to the suspension that I can see.
Regret I can't claim the Vat back. The one I'm looking at is a Highline fully loaded with options (twin elec sliders, electric tailgate, heated seats, adaptive cruise, roof spoiler, comfort dash, chrome side bars, extra window tints and much more) and 6 months old. Can't find a T30 offering the same so figuring that the high spec offsets having the T32.

Our 2017 204 T6 / T32 has humongous big brakes. As to the T32 argument, we were advised to go T32 by our converter when discussing ordering the van. I can't comment on the suspension, save to note that when have no issues with it. The van's down 40mm on H&Rs and I'd describe the ride as firm, with little body-roll. Hitting a ridge or a pot-hole does produce a bit of a "bang", much more than in my car, but other than that we have no complaints.

We've yet to have ours MoT'd of course, but my understanding is that as it's a "motorhome" on the V5 (!!) then we don't take it to a Class 7 MoT station.

Up here ticking option 2E4 would bring big brakes even on T6 84ps T30 - 1537€ o_O

Mine is a T32, and when I take my work kit out, I put a few paving slabs in at the back to make the ride less firm

We've yet to have ours MoT'd of course, but my understanding is that as it's a "motorhome" on the V5 (!!) then we don't take it to a Class 7 MoT station.

That's correct, a motor caravan conversion can be taken to a Class 4 station :)

Shame no more will be getting reclassified!

When you say day van, what's the kit out? My T28 is a camper and with units, bed and elevating roof it had had a saggy arse. T32 springs sorted that out. Units aren't light even in Vohringer ply and and seats are seriously heavy. Doing it again I would opt for a T32. My last T5 was a T32. If you are just running as a van with seats then T30 should do, but if you later want to fully convert then a T32 would be a more attractive option IMO.

Last edited:
When you say day van what's the kit out? My T28 is a camper and with unit and bed and elevating roof I had a saggy arse. T32 springs sorted that out. Units aren't light even in Vohringer ply and and seats are seriously heavy. Doing it again I would got for a T32. My last T5 was a T32. If you are just running as a van with seats then T30 should do, but if you later want to fully convert then a T32 would be a more attractive option IMO.

OK maybe "Day Van" is a little misleading as this is actually replacing my company car. Taking the cash allowance instead as keen mountain-biker and always wanted a Kombi so decided to go for it. In the week its effectively a car though weekend will be spent riding somewhere with bike and associated kit. Looking to add some initial comforts though cant go major due to business restrictions from work. If all goes well long term I intend to put in fold able bed / pop top and probably one of those slide pod kitchens at the back.

T30 Kombi can not carry 1 tonne in the back and as such HMRC do not class it as a commercial. You can claim it but if you were to get inspected you'd have to pay it back with interest. :thumbsdown:

Mmm, all I can say is I bought it through my business, it’s registered by my business and no issues with VAT. Second one I’ve bought

Back