Day-Van: T32 Or T30 ?

I have a t32 and just put a set of t30 rear springs .Much better ride . fronts are the same so don't bother with them.

I have a t32 and just put a set of t30 rear springs .Much better ride . fronts are the same so don't bother with them.
Hmm, does that not put you in the same category as using non load rated wheels/tyres though?

Mmm, all I can say is I bought it through my business, it’s registered by my business and no issues with VAT. Second one I’ve bought
But to make the vat claim all you have to do is fill out the vat return and make a declaration. HMRC clearly don’t question/investigate/inspect/bother reviewing all vat returns, so I suspect the majority get paid regardless. As Deaky says, it’s only on an inspection that you’ll come unstuck

But to make the vat claim all you have to do is fill out the vat return and make a declaration. HMRC clearly don’t question/investigate/inspect/bother reviewing all vat returns, so I suspect the majority get paid regardless. As Deaky says, it’s only on an inspection that you’ll come unstuck

My accountant okayed it mate, all good my end

Just to clarify, this VAT ruling is only an issue on a Kombi it does not effect a panel van.

That's correct, a motor caravan conversion can be taken to a Class 4 station :)

Shame no more will be getting reclassified!
Just to check on this as i am not clear, but is it correct that a fully converted van - with pop-top, windows all round, kitchen and 5 seats cannot be reclassified as a camper on the V5?

Just to check on this as i am not clear, but is it correct that a fully converted van - with pop-top, windows all round, kitchen and 5 seats cannot be reclassified as a camper on the V5?

Correct no V5 to Campervan now. It will be a van with windows.

T30 Kombi can not carry 1 tonne in the back and as such HMRC do not class it as a commercial. You can claim it but if you were to get inspected you'd have to pay it back with interest. :thumbsdown:
Does this have any change in terms of car tax I.e of over 40k list price you pay the extra for 5 years?

T32 brakes are bigger (as already said) I was warned off them by a VW technician as the pads are performance car expensive and if you aren’t working the van the rears go rusty - apparently.

Does this have any change in terms of car tax I.e of over 40k list price you pay the extra for 5 years?
I’ll let you know as not sure and picking up brand new199ps 4motion t32 camper conversion early October and haven’t a clue. But looking forward to getting an awesome vehicle. Ref the cat 7 mot, if not commercial and converted sure it goes to a cat 4.

I think you will find the criteria for claiming VAT back is that the vehicle must be classified as a commercial or have a payload of 1tonne.

This is where it all gets mixed up. If it's classed as N1 (kombi) then it's taxed on the flat commercial rate of £265. M1 (caravelle) gets taxed as a car.

Back