T32 big brakes upgrade: what’s needed?

Andy g

T6 Pro
Simple question will I need carriers to fit the following

So from 2017 T30 stock brakes to T32 calipers and discs

I am aware that T32 brakes don’t naturally mean larger brakes but the ones I have brought are the larger set up

Tps do a t32 carrier at £204 each side

But for them that have done the conversion do I need them

Cheers :)

Pic for attention

DF88B90E-97B1-42D9-BAB6-4BC8D2584960.jpeg

Last edited:
The calipers are also different so you need more than just the brackets. I brought a whole set of calipers, hoses, brackets and disc etc from a new van which was upgraded to Revo ones. I think I only paid £450. I think the disc alone are close to that.

The calipers are also different so you need more than just the brackets. I brought a whole set of calipers, hoses, brackets and disc etc from a new van which was upgraded to Revo ones. I think I only paid £450. I think the disc alone are close to that.
I have calipers discs / pads & carriers now that Jon posted
Think I should be good to go

Hi,new on here.I have a 2018 T30
Would like to upgrade to 340mm front brakes.Can you please tell me what items I need,will be using Pagid parts.
Will I require new backing plates,or will the smaller ones be ok.
Thanks Simon.

Hi,new on here.I have a 2018 T30
Would like to upgrade to 340mm front brakes.Can you please tell me what items I need,will be using Pagid parts.
Will I require new backing plates,or will the smaller ones be ok.
Thanks Simon.
Hi Simon,

I am smack bang in the middle of doing exactly this and the parts I am replacing are:

Carriers - ATE - New
Calipers - ATE - New
Dust shields - OEM - New
Discs - TRW - New
Pads - TRW - New

I am also getting new slider pins, bushes and spring clips, all ATE and new OEM bolts. All the prices I got them for are either discounted or one off prices so can't help there but Autodoc was surprisingly quick at getting some of the above parts to me.

I'm gutted that ATE don't do Ceramic pads for the 2E4 fronts seeing as they do them for the rears.

Looking to maybe replace the brake hoses too, seeing as I'll be there anyway and they're 9 years old.

@Welshboy11

Using the search button will help your quest for information.

Also from our resident forum guru @Dellmassive :

The part numbers for the dust shields / splash guards / backing plates (whatever you want to call them) are different between the small 308mm discs (16" chassis 2E3) or big 340mm discs (17" chassis 2E4), although some folk have replaced the discs small to big without changing the shields.
If you are replacing the old dust shields, you may need to factor in replacing the smalls bolts that hold them on as well.
It's sometimes the detail that is forgotten that messes up / slows down what should be a fairly easy swop over.

:thumbsup:

Good luck...

If you want/need the part numbers for these little bolts, I have them - please shout up & I'll find them out for you.

Last edited:
@Welshboy11

Using the search button will help your quest for information.

Also from our resident forum guru @Dellmassive :

The part numbers for the dust shields / splash guards / backing plates (whatever you want to call them) are different between the small 308mm discs (16" chassis 2E3) or big 340mm discs (17" chassis 2E4), although some folk have replaced the discs small to big without changing the shields.
If you are replacing the old dust shields, you may need to factor in replacing the smalls bolts that hold them on as well.
It's sometimes the detail that is forgotten that messes up / slows down what should be a fairly easy swop over.

:thumbsup:

Good luck...

If you want/need the part numbers for these little bolts, I have them - please shout up & I'll find them out for you.
Thank you so much for your help.

Back