T30 or T32 - help to confirm model

I know the build weight.
I have all the build codes etc from Erwin. None of that gives the axle load rating explicitly in kg.
We have a 3200kg GVM. Logic says we have the same 1710/1720 axle rating as every other T32 but we need that in writing so we can get an engineer to certify a 3430kg GVM upgrade.

Yep, that's why I asked the dealer to get the information from VW Aus.
I was just curious if anyone here had found somewhere that it is recorded.
How can they not provide this critical information???
Fingers crossed I'll hear back next week - or else I'll start complaining louder (at the dealer - not here!) :)

Yep, that's why I asked the dealer to get the information from VW Aus.
I was just curious if anyone here had found somewhere that it is recorded.
How can they not provide this critical information???
Fingers crossed I'll hear back next week - or else I'll start complaining louder (at the dealer - not here!) :)
Hey mate, did you end up getting any luck in a response for the GVM?

I picked up my brand new T6.1 LWB with factory upgraded suspension pack and same issue for me the plate is blank. Dealer couldn't give me a definite answer and said "It seems it's 3000kg" after attaching the spec sheet as a response which doesn't factor in upgraded axel ratings etc.

Hey mate, did you end up getting any luck in a response for the GVM?

I picked up my brand new T6.1 LWB with factory upgraded suspension pack and same issue for me the plate is blank. Dealer couldn't give me a definite answer and said "It seems it's 3000kg" after attaching the spec sheet as a response which doesn't factor in upgraded axel ratings etc.
The GVM is recorded on the Aus Dept of Infrastructure website. https://rav.infrastructure.gov.au
I wish I could say I’m surprised that the dealer didn’t know that! Useless…
Our dealer even got it wrong when they registered our van and we had to get it inspected again just so we could have the rego papers corrected - even though the details are on a government website!
We paid for the 3,200 GVM Factory upgrade when we ordered it. This has a special code on the order - … PG4 = 3200gvm
This is different to the rough road and off-road suspension options that were offered on the VW configurator when we were ordering. We were lucky that our dealer was aware of the GVM code because it wasn’t offered on the customer ordering system. He had to dig out the code from an old email!
The information we could not easily find was the axle ratings - our dealer managed to confirm the rating for us but only in the form of a generic pdf that showed the ratings for our spec vehicle. I also asked VW Australia at the same time but they just told me to ask my dealer! Useless….

The GVM is recorded on the Aus Dept of Infrastructure website. https://rav.infrastructure.gov.au
I wish I could say I’m surprised that the dealer didn’t know that! Useless…
Our dealer even got it wrong when they registered our van and we had to get it inspected again just so we could have the rego papers corrected - even though the details are on a government website!
We paid for the 3,200 GVM Factory upgrade when we ordered it. This has a special code on the order - … PG4 = 3200gvm
This is different to the rough road and off-road suspension options that were offered on the VW configurator when we were ordering. We were lucky that our dealer was aware of the GVM code because it wasn’t offered on the customer ordering system. He had to dig out the code from an old email!
The information we could not easily find was the axle ratings - our dealer managed to confirm the rating for us but only in the form of a generic pdf that showed the ratings for our spec vehicle. I also asked VW Australia at the same time but they just told me to ask my dealer! Useless….
Oh wow, you'd think this information would be easy to provide. The fact it is clearly available via a government website and the dealers don't even know this avenue actually doesn't surprise me haha.

Thanks for the info; that helps a lot. I had assumed mine would be the T30 even with the upgraded suspension option fitted. I actually hadn't personally ordered this van, I was looking at a different one and then this popped up at a VW dealership interstate which maybe they had ordered or someone else did ages ago but the sale didn't go through. So I jumped on it straight away being a LWB 4M. It is dated Nov 2023 when hitting the register.

FACTORY SUSPENSION FOR SALE - SOLD
T6.1 "T32" Springs and Dampers - make me an offer.
Located in Canberra, Australia.
Now that we have had our factory 3200gvm "T32" replaced with Seikel raised suspension, we have the original springs and dampers taking up space in the garage.
I nearly left them with the shop (Kombi Life) who did the replacement, but they were just going to send it to scrap metal merchants and I wanted to try and reduce the waste.
We'd done about 28,000kms when they were replaced, so maybe not "new" but certainly in good condition.
I don't know if these fit previous models, but I do know the struts will NOT fit a standard "T30" 3000 GVM van.
Maybe someone has a T32 spec van and needs new dampers?
Sorry if I shouldn't advertise stuff here but it's such a unique offer that there aren't many places to offer it and I'm not asking much money.
IMG_5338.jpeg

Last edited:
Back