T30 or T32 - help to confirm model

Since I bought my van I believed it was a T30
It was advertised as a T30 And the badge on the back is T30

On the dvla website mot checker it says axel weight is 3200kg and vehicle type N1

Any help would be great as planning to buy some Black Friday suspension/ wheel upgrades

Check the black sticker in the engine bay (on the rear left area of bulkhead) it will give you exact axle ratings

For suspension upgrade I'd check the front suspension hub, the T32 has a different mounting bracket (2 Bolts) whereas t26,28&30 struts slot into hub :thumbsup:

Hi
Wanted to ask some question about my van rating.
I thought my van was T28, because it has the smaller brakes.
And now I am looking to change my front shocks because one is leaking but I found out, looking under my van and on the sticker, that my van is a T30 with a T32 shock?
Is this correct ?
I almost bought a complete wrong suspension for my van o_O

318772595_679010523878508_6424064043172571079_n.jpg

318934542_547199696967583_4921446545783228011_n.jpg

All the Australian ones I've seen are blank for some reason, mine is a T6 and it is blank.
I wish I knew what that reason was. It seems like something is being hidden on purpose are all car manufacturers like that here in Australia or just VW..... I wonder.

So does this look like the T32 suspension to you guys?
I don't really know what I'm looking at.
20221212_162054.jpg

Not an expert on this, but lately I was looking a lot at suspensions and found out two distinct differences
quote from post #9 from the thread below

"Left side is T26 T28 T30
Right side is T32
If you turn your wheel full lock you should be able to see what you have, on the lower weight versions the shock slides into the mounting"

Yours doesn't look like T32, I think it's the T26-T28-T30 one

I wish I knew what that reason was. It seems like something is being hidden on purpose are all car manufacturers like that here in Australia or just VW..... I wonder.
Has anyone with a new van in Australia managed to find a record of their axle load rating?
The GVM is now recorded on the department of Infrastructure website (very convenient!) but that record doesn't include the axle ratings!
I'm trying to get our GVM upgraded from 3,200 to 3430kg, but we need to find the axle ratings!
I've emailed the dealer but I am struggling to comprehend that basic information like this is hidden!

On the van?

Is it stamped on the VIN plate?

On the van?

Is it stamped on the VIN plate?

Nope.
That label (at least on Australian vans) now has nothing on it except the VIN and some conspicuously blank spaces that should have the GVM and axle loads.
You have to go to the government website to find the GVM but that doesn't show the axle ratings.
It's insane.

maybe @Pauly can get the original build weight of the VIN?

more info:

Back