T28 panel van - convert to kombi?

Woody woods

Hi just asking for help really and rough cost.
I have a 2020 plate lwb t28 panel vanthat I use for work . But I have kids also and now thinking I should have brought a kombi to be able to take kids out if needed.
I was going to sell my panel back to Vw and realised the lose of money what is massive and can not afford to do.
it’s only done 3000 miles and 3 months old and told it’s worth to them 23k it cost me 41.
Can I put glass and seats in the back now? And how much would it be. Thanks for all your much needed help

I would get a price from someone else first. You are always going to lose the most money in the first 6 months, but I thought second hand prices were holding up ?

Pete

Any autoglass place should be able to do windows. I was quoted under £500 for two sliding/opening windows (non VW, as it was these leaking that made me look). Another £250-350 for rear doors? Kombi rear seats, either a 3 seat bench or 2 + 1 can be bought for £3-500, but you'll need floor brackets and seatbelts too. I sold my triple bench, brackets and seatbelts for ~£600 if I remember correctly. You'll then need to add a floor - £3-400 with insulation and vinyl, or may get a rubber floor mat for £50-100. Best also to insulate and carpet. Standard Kombi just has 'card' liners and can often be bought second hand, or are sometimes given away on here. Alternatively, you can buy pre-carpetted ply panel kits for £250 - VW TRANSPORTER T6 Factory Type 6mm Carpeted Ply lining Kit Camper Tailgate | eBay
Another £150-200? for sound deadening and insulation to go behind those panels?
So £2-3000 for DIY Kombi conversion. Beware eBay prices for seating etc, the classifieds here and Facebook are a better bet. Van convertors often sell stuff that's been removed.

Selling my 2 plus 1 in simora. Also got the kombi rubber floor and lashing points and a single seatbelt cassette - all in at 500.

You'd still need brackets and another single seat belt cassette.

The floor is for twin slider SWB which maybe harder to come by as understand less about and even fewer people convert. Can do seats without the rest for 400.

I have a 2020 plate lwb t28 panel vanthat I use for work . But I have kids also and now thinking I should have brought a kombi to be able to take kids out if needed.
I was going to sell my panel back to Vw and realised the lose of money what is massive and can not afford to do.
it’s only done 3000 miles and 3 months old and told it’s worth to them 23k it cost me 41.
Can I put glass and seats in the back now? And how much would it be. Thanks for all your much needed help
if your going to take the seats in and out a lot for work then consider a 1+1+1 rear seating configuration as the bench seats are heavy. If you plan to leave them it then a 2+1 will work out cheaper (less brackets etc). I got the windows and seat fitted professionally and did the soundproofing, insulation myself. check camperglass.co.uk for an idea on window fitting cost.

If you’re not keen on tackling the conversion yourself, I would highly recommend Unique Vans in St Neots. Daryl is a sound bloke and will listen to your needs and can configure your seating for what best works for you. They do windows, sound deadening, insulation, ply lining, carpet lining, electrical installations.... the full works really!

I used them last year and their quality of work is spot on :thumbsup:

if your going to take the seats in and out a lot for work then consider a 1+1+1 rear seating configuration as the bench seats are heavy. If you plan to leave them it then a 2+1 will work out cheaper (less brackets etc). I got the windows and seat fitted professionally and did the soundproofing, insulation myself. check camperglass.co.uk for an idea on window fitting cost.
What was the cost to put seats in please

What was the cost of the
Any autoglass place should be able to do windows. I was quoted under £500 for two sliding/opening windows (non VW, as it was these leaking that made me look). Another £250-350 for rear doors? Kombi rear seats, either a 3 seat bench or 2 + 1 can be bought for £3-500, but you'll need floor brackets and seatbelts too. I sold my triple bench, brackets and seatbelts for ~£600 if I remember correctly. You'll then need to add a floor - £3-400 with insulation and vinyl, or may get a rubber floor mat for £50-100. Best also to insulate and carpet. Standard Kombi just has 'card' liners and can often be bought second hand, or are sometimes given away on here. Alternatively, you can buy pre-carpetted ply panel kits for £250 - VW TRANSPORTER T6 Factory Type 6mm Carpeted Ply lining Kit Camper Tailgate | eBay
Another £150-200? for sound deadening and insulation to go behind those panels?
So £2-3000 for DIY Kombi conversion. Beware eBay prices for seating etc, the classifieds here and Facebook are a better bet. Van convertors often sell stuff that's been removed.
That’s a big help thank you

What was the cost to put seats in please
I think the fitting for the seats (1+1+1) was between five hundred and six hundred quid, but I supplied all the brackets, seats and seat belts. Others have done the fitting themselves but it involves dropping the fuel tank and I wanted a 'professional' to do it for insurance purposes and piece of mind. My view was that well installed windows and seats will increase the value of the van so you will get your money back in the long run even if you do nothing else as the van will be a good base for the next person looking to do a conversion - hope this helps

Just out of curiosity, what chassis is a Kombi on, T28/30/32? Just wondered what the weight implications were for adding seats/glass etc to a T28

I think the fitting for the seats (1+1+1) was between five hundred and six hundred quid, but I supplied all the brackets, seats and seat belts. Others have done the fitting themselves but it involves dropping the fuel tank and I wanted a 'professional' to do it for insurance purposes and piece of mind. My view was that well installed windows and seats will increase the value of the van so you will get your money back in the long run even if you do nothing else as the van will be a good base for the next person looking to do a conversion - hope this helps
Oh yes definitely want it done by a professional thank you

now found those for 200 quid. Off a 2013 plate will that fit

1A4A6DEE-E46D-4CCC-8B31-42C3076A82E0.jpeg

If you’re not keen on tackling the conversion yourself, I would highly recommend Unique Vans in St Neots. Daryl is a sound bloke and will listen to your needs and can configure your seating for what best works for you. They do windows, sound deadening, insulation, ply lining, carpet lining, electrical installations.... the full works really!

I used them last year and their quality of work is spot on :thumbsup:
No not going to do it my self no way I live in norwich norfolk so any suggestions who would be good to do it would be most grateful thanks. Will travel but but really anymore that 3 -4hours

Back