T28 lowering options?

Celticrsmith

T6 Pro
Hello. I’m getting really confused about how to lower my t28. Some kits say fits all models, some say they don’t. I have zero interest in adjusting coilovers but equally don’t want to ‘knacker’ the current ride comfort. Not looking to go super low as I do a lot of miles, just want to get away from the boat sensation at cosmos very corner.
Can’t afford top whack money but also know but cheap, but twice and you get what you pay for etc etc.

So I’m looking for help to lower my t28 40ish mm…..
Thanks

Aye I did but looking around the £1200 mark which is beyond my budget really. I know, I know, but cheap then expect problems etc but that’s really the only benchmark I’ve had and in the current climate it’s just beyond what I could afford tbh

To get the best results, you need springs and dampers that are designed to, or tried and tested to work together. Whether that be coilover or not.

You might think coilovers are for adjusting all the time to suit your mood, but the reality is, no one ever touches them again after the initial fitting and fine tuning.

£1200 really is the starting point for something that you will be happy with, so my advice as well, would be to wait until that does become in budget.

Last edited:
Hi all. I have a t28 2016. I've lowered it 40mm with cobra springs. The ride is quite hard. I have seen info regarding soft ride coil overs. Doe's anyone have these and can confirm they make for a softer drive? Tia.

What wheels and tyres are you running? Big wheels with ultra low profile tyres dont help.

Dampers make a big difference to ride quality.

I run H&R -40s with Koni dampers and 235/50R18 tyres and it is very comfortable.

Kw stx coilovers all the way down- 65mm if I’m correct, ride is lovely much better than springs imo, with 20s and 245/40s & 275/45

Hope that helps

STX down 60mm on 18's and ride is fabulous, much better than standard setup

IMG_0933.JPG

STX down 60mm on 18's and ride is fabulous, much better than standard setup

View attachment 201626
That looks perfect

Kw stx coilovers all the way down- 65mm if I’m correct, ride is lovely much better than springs imo, with 20s and 245/40s & 275/45

Hope that helps
Brilliant. Thanks for the reply

What wheels and tyres are you running? Big wheels with ultra low profile tyres dont help.

Dampers make a big difference to ride quality.

I run H&R -40s with Koni dampers and 235/50R18 tyres and it is very comfortable.
Hi. I'm using 19" Inoit wheels. Tyres are 275 45 19. Plenty of cushioning with tyres but the cobra springs feel too hard even at 40mm.

20230612_183558.jpg

Eibach comfort might do for you, they are very good, drop is 40mm I think on stock shocks, Google for more info.

Back